Emailing Other Members

Devin
@devin
7 years ago
618 posts

A question was asked if there is a way to send a message to other users. Answer: Yes.  While you are signed in, place your pointer and hover over your photo at the top right corner next to the gear (looks like an asterisk).  A drop down menu appears, click on "Private Notes".  Type in the person's name you want to send a note to.  The system will show you possible choices.  Type your note and click send.

updated by @devin: 01/27/17 08:15:26AM
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
7 years ago
1,783 posts

Thank you, Devin! 

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 01/18/20 05:20:38AM
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
7 years ago
1,783 posts

[quote="Woody Delbridge"]

Thanks Devin.  I used the "messaging" on the old system frequently but hadn't gotten around to trying out Private Notes on the new system.  I presume it is not necessary to be a "follower" of someone to sent them a Private Note.

[/quote]

Good question, Woody. I'm actually not sure about that. I'll do some checking.

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
7 years ago
1,783 posts

Thanks, Woody!

--

updated by @jeff-gilder: 01/18/20 05:20:38AM
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
7 years ago
1,783 posts

[quote="Woody Delbridge"]

Just tested this with a Note to you.  Notes can only go to Followers.

Also, for others keeping up with this, I could not figure out how to send a note to more than one Follower.  Maybe (I hope) I missed something.  If not maybe it can be looked at down the road.

Thanks for all your hard work Jeff.  It will take some time but we'll do fine with the new site.

[/quote]

I was able to open up "Private Notes" so members can send private notes to non-followers. Still only one at a time...working on that.

--