Is racing getting outside the box???

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
15 years ago
3,259 posts
As most of us on here grew up we die hard racers were part of the Big Three format and their offspring units. Olds won a few,Pontiac got theirs and so on. Even the strange ones won like Hudson and Studebaker got their nitch in . So having said that we all set back in our rockers and drank soft drinks,ate moms apple pie and listened and watched our favorite brand duel it out with the others. Because back in the day it was win on sunday sell on monday at the car sales industry.Then some crackerhead in Fla come up with this idea of restricting the motor or more like strangling it it to control the speed,oh wait then they said lets make them all use the same car so we can control downforce.Well now comes time for the new kid on the block to step up,welcome Toyota to the show and be sure to use our specs now. Well they did and are now riding along with the others in the box. Now on to todays racing and now someone wants to add fuel injection instead of carbs,I guess someone found a loophole in the restrictor plate, but here is the catch,with them using injection you open up our sport to all sorts of other brands,like Volts Wagon and Honda just to mention a few so now the delima begins for you reading thisAre we still inside that shoe box or is the lid off now and are we on the same path as forumla one or grande touring, if so then our sport is what???? YOU ANSWER IT HERE
updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
15 years ago
1,783 posts
You said it...BMW is also looking. Yep, shes out of the box. Did you say just say "cracker head"? When I read that I thought you were going to mention the one who came up with chase....but then that name would have been one syllable too long what some have called him.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Paul Zappardino
@paul-zappardino
15 years ago
40 posts
I think i know that "CRACKERHEAD"!!!!!!!! He really knows how to "SCREW UP" a good thing!!!!!!