anybody watching that new show moonshine ?

paul crawford
@paul-crawford
13 years ago
64 posts

or just me ?

updated by @paul-crawford: 01/07/17 09:13:00PM
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
13 years ago
589 posts

I hate it, they're spilling all of Dawson County's secrets!! lol

Pretty decent show though.

paul crawford
@paul-crawford
13 years ago
64 posts

patty. its on the discovery channel . kinda interesting ...being im a northener..lol..i know the wv boys make some shine..ive had it at the season finale race weekend..them wv boys like to party too..lol

Bumpertag
@bumpertag
13 years ago
363 posts
I've seen 2 shows and for the most part I've enjoyed it. Just wonder about the arrangements they had to make since they follow both the monnshiners and the law. Even with multiple camera crews just seems that it would be hard not to share info.
Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
13 years ago
214 posts

Great show. I was lucky to go to the home of Tim Smith Daddy & play the guitar for him He was a great guy to talk to.He lost his life a few months ago. Tim the main player in the show wants to meet the Woodbrothers so

I'am working on carrying them up to visit the WoodBrothers sometime next week. They are taping next years shows now. It has taken off and has a lot of fans.

Thanks, Harlow Reynolds Lynchburg,Va.

Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
13 years ago
214 posts

This show is not in Georgia. Its in Climax,Va. About 40 Miles from Lynchburg,Va.

Google------ Tim Smith Moonshine-- for more info

Thanks

Harlow Reynolds ---Lynchburg,Va.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
13 years ago
9,137 posts

Hey, Harlow... my grandmother, born in Tye River, VA, sold women's gloves in the early 1900s in Lynchburg at the Guggenheimer department store and my grandfather made shoes in Lynchburg at Craddock-Terry. When they were married he became a station master for C&O Railroad in Gladstone, VA where my mom was born. They moved to Parkersburg, WV, Clifton Forge, VA and on to Richmond with the C&O Railroad. My grandmother's 8 brothers were all steam locomotive engineers for the C&O pulling coal trains.

Guggenheimer's Dept. Store - Lynchburg, VA

Craddock-Terry Shoe Factory - Lynchburg, VA

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts

I thought the show originated in the swamplands of La. They must move around to different areas to shoot their scenes.

But then I looked up the show and low and behold its closer than i thought

Mike Ray
@mike-ray
13 years ago
41 posts

I'm watching the show!I lived in Danville growing up and it's interesting to see the old stomping grounds.I'm visiting for Christmas and the agent went to school with my son-in-law.They say there are only 2 episodes left and I think Tim and Tickle will get busted before the show ends.Does anyone remember when Buddy Arrington got busted and then he was the Grand Marshall of the Martinsville Christmas Parade?