UNCLE MIKE HELTON was on wind tunnel tonite

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Mike Helton was on Dave Despains show tonite and was asked about the future of Nascar, Answers he spoke of were pretty dang close to what has been coming outta them Goat Herders mouths. Even said stay tuned on the happening of a dirt race next year, yup dirt race. His words of wit were stay tuned. Even had some encouraging words on the new car for 2013.

Im not saying he has his computer turned on on Tuesday nite but there is a strong possibility of a fat mouse setting in the corner relaying juicy tidbits to Disney World & International Speedway Boulevard.

But I can only guess at the pros and cons of this .....

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

You may just have hit on something there but its not what he said but how he said it.

David Staten
@david-staten
12 years ago
6 posts

You know really I hope the hell they start listening to the old fans. In the old days I would get to 10 or 12 races a year, today I seldom even watch a race on tv. I know it will never be like it was in the past, but something has to change. I would love to see them make a fishing reef out of all of the current style cars and bring back the real Fords, Chevys and Dodges. And I hate this lucky dog, drive around and everyother gimmick they currently have. I've been to Darlington on Moday at the Southern 500 and set on concrete stands in 100 degree weather and watched a driver get a lap lead on the field and be ok with it, cause that was real racing. I was in North Wilksboro this weekend, it's sad to drive by the old track and remember back to the good old days. I would go up on Sunday morning and buy front row tickets behind the start and finish line and love every minute of it, now that was racing. If old Big Mike wants to speak with one of the fans he has lost, he knows where he can find me! I'll be glad to talk with him, it won't cost him nothing but a dime.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
12 years ago
907 posts

There may be a faint light, or a hint of one, at the tunnel's end. NASCARdidhave the trucks at the Rock this year, an overwhelming success,(many thanks to Andy Hillenberg, but NASCAR did allow it to happen) and they are considering an outta-the-box idea with Eldora.