The Goat Herders are Heading For Daytona

Dargan Watts
@dargan-watts
11 years ago
38 posts
Bobby Williamson shown in a race last year is bringing his #300 from Shallotte, N. C. for the February 16th beach/road course parade in Ponce Inlet, Fla. Williamson races his car in the Bell & Bell Vintage Race Car circuit and it is hoped that several of his competitors will follow him south for the parade.

Williamson is well known to race fan as he is heard on RacersReunion radio every Tuesday night. His side-kicks, Jack Walker and Jeff Gilder will be in the convoy of cars and drivers heading to Ponce Inlet

updated by @dargan-watts: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

Thanks, Dargan! I was 17 the last (and only) time I was in Daytona forspeedweeks.... slept in a sleeping bag in the parking lotof the 4th turn at the speedway, it was GREAT!! Never thought it would take 41 years to get back! (life happens) It was 1971, the final race of the winged Dodge Daytona, Maynard Troyer flipped umpteen times in turn two, and Richard Petty won the race after a race-long battle with AJ and the Wood Bros. But, to be returning, with a vintage coupe, and to participate in a historic rendition of the famed beach-road course is more than I could ever imagined. Thanks to everyone involved for making this happen!

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

Fellow Bell & Bell member, Bill Tripp, is also making the trip to Daytona and is bring the 1933 (former Bill Morton) #1 Chevy coupe.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

Great news Bopper, Hope to see you again.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

Mr. W. C. Bell and Harold Floyd (Bell & Bell Buick/GMC) are both attending with their vintage cars!

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
11 years ago
1,783 posts

Hey...its gonna be a convoy!! When are y'all leaving? I just might follow.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

Mid-day Friday, Feb. 15th.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
11 years ago
1,783 posts

I'll either be with you or just a couple of hours ahead.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Dargan Watts
@dargan-watts
11 years ago
38 posts

Great news Bobby...I knew these others wouldn't let you get the best of them. Did you tell them that there will be no racing on the beach?

We'll see you next week.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

Dargan, I didn't mention that part! There's a good possibility of a couple more race cars joining our convoy!

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

It'sexactly likeback in the day......race cars travelling from the Carolina's to the beach.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

Sherman "the Shermanator" Garriswill be in the field too!

Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

I am so happy that, "The Bell & Bell Vintage Modified Racing Series" in addition to "RacersReunion" will be represented!! Have a wonderful time...lots of pics and video...please!!!

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

If you haven't checked out the North Turn Restaurant's website, you need to. VERY cool. Great photos, history, videos, maps (and a menu), as well as a newsletter.

http://www.racingsnorthturn.com/

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

I did see they advertised a nice seafood selection... and yes I did check the menu!

--