Pictures to add to the Photo's Archives

David W. Grohman
@david-w-grohman
11 years ago
1 posts

Hello Everyone, Thankyou to those of you who have sent me a welcome and a gift. I have some pictures that I took at Daytona in 1971 when I was invited to go down to the ARCA 300 as a "Runner" for Ron Grana and his father Cy Grana. They raced in the ARCA circuit at Flat Rock, MI and @ Toledo Speedway as well as Michigan International Speedway. They were my neighbors where I grew up in Farmington Township. I was their paperboy from 1963 to 1964.I have several close photo's of Richard Petty and some of the other legends of the time. I also will share with you some events that happened to me while I was in the ARCA garage a couple of cars down from Ramo Stott's 1971 ARCA Plymouth. It was an event that I will never forget and I cherrish to this day. When I can figure out how to post a photo of myself and the pictures, I will do so. I also have some photo's and a video I made at M.I.S. back in 1994 when I went to a race in June with my neighbor from where I lived in Green Oak Township, Michigan. It is a behind the scenes garage video of what goes on and the fun the race teams have messing around while they prepare their racing machines.My Neighbor,J.C. worked for Jack Roush and I have some great factual stories about those times as well.Until then, Thanks again for all of the nice welcomes and I look forward in our communications. Sincerely, David W. Grohman (DWG)

updated by @david-w-grohman: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Steve Struve
@steve-struve
11 years ago
47 posts

David, Welcome. Do you know Brian Norton (bnorton734) ? He's a member here and the ARCA historian. You will find MANY photos here from ARCA's glory days of the 60's and 70's. Check our Brian's photos, and also look at mine. I'm sure there is a Ron Grana photo or twopostedthere. Enjoy.

Steve Struve

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
11 years ago
1,783 posts

Thanks for joining, David. And thanks for posting. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos! Let us know if you need any help.

Jeff

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

David, Sounds as though you have some really interesting things to post. Look forward to seeing those and welcome to the RacersReunion site.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"