11 years ago
626 posts

LOL I bet it works

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
11 years ago
488 posts

Whatever it takes to WIN!!!

The greatest thing about local short track racing isn't the tracks, aren't the drivers, not even the make or model of car or what engine is in it. What makeslocal short track racing so great is tennis balls stuffed in springs,heating a front axle and jacking it up while chained to a trailer to get caster and camber, it's cutting brand new tires for more traction.

Common you guys and gals, there's more than just a one liner comment to be made here...what's your story?

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

How about flipping the shackle on the left side (on a leaf spring to induce more wedge)

or cutting left front coil to lower and change front end bite

or putting moth balls in the gas tank --for a super power surge

we put a switch on generator to cut it out under race conditions -- And yes we used generators back in the day

we would take two rims and cut them so when welding them together you had a wide rim that you stretched a 760 x 15 tire on /with a tube so the footprint was bigger

welded a piece of slick rebar around bead to give the old rim strength and also to protect the tire

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

how about hiding a shut off switch to take the right front brake out of the system on dirt tracks.

or using a flex plate instead of a flywheel to lose weight and gain faster rev's.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

The authorities in Dover, England don't take too kindly to tennis balls replacing the spring itself! Sounds like a Russian trick.

Police at Dover Docks nab driver who replaced suspension with tennis balls

A driver who decided to save money by replacing his suspension springs with tennis balls has been fined.

The Opel Vectra was stopped at Dovers Eastern Docks and inspection by Port of Dover police officers revealed the stack of balls where the springs should have been.

On September 4, the case was heard at Folkestone Magistrates Court and Rumen Petrov, 34, from London, was convicted in his absence for using a vehicle with equipment likely to cause danger or injury.

He was fined 350, ordered to pay 50 costs and a 15 victims surcharge. His licence was endorsed with three penalty points, and he was fined 175 for a lighting offence.

Clearly the effectiveness of the vehicles suspension system had been significantly compromised and posed a very real risk to the driver, and other motorists, said Inspector Neil Care.

Petrov intended to drive to London and taking his vehicle off the road has no doubt contributed to road safety, not just within the port but throughout the south-east.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

Brakes ? ? ? you use brakes -- I thought the ride was in the slide

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

some of us need a wee bit of help setting up the slide JM.I was speaking about some of the classes that require 4 wheel brakes. you speed demons wouldn't know about that..lol

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

looks like some heavy suspension for an opel......

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Which color balls will GoGirl choose?

--
Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

LOL!!!! There's Jim!!!

@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

I am telling you...Ya'll, my Dear Men...are just a mess!!! The more I read, the more I grin!

@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

And I, put them in the dryer with pillows to fluff them back up!! The pillows, that is....oh..the racket it makes..keeps the dogs on their toes..LOL!!

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

you will be making tooth paste commercials yet girl

@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

Johnny, the neighbors may think I am crazy lady!! I sound like I am having a party in here all, by myself sometimes when I get tickled....LOL!!!

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

--