IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

Short track racing is alive like no other track--Tonites Bristol was a tense race from start to finish. It went from Kurt Bush to Carl Edwards to Clint Boyer and then ended up with Casy chasing Matt down for the win -- but it didnt happen --that Ford bested the Chevy to take the checker--- G R E A T RACE now we see what Hotlanta has to offer on a Sunday nite.

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

Oh by the way JimmIE Johnson kinda was a back marker finding several wrecks he could get involved in

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

also kasey drive like a true professional -- instead of politely using his bumper to move matt or even wreck him kasey chose to either out drive him or settle for second,which is where he finished.... how many others would have used that method of thought.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

good point Johnny, It was a great finish and the best car with the best track position won.

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
11 years ago
488 posts

I enjoyed that race. The cars were somuch faster than the old asphalt track, it must be tiring to go 500 laps. Matt driving a Yota though...just saying, wish it were a Ford. Even JR. led some laps!

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

A terrific finish. May not win him any races, but Kasey may have to share the "Gentleman" label with Ned Jarrett.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

I hated that wreck...just pure hated it, Johnny....

Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

NOT talking about...JimmIE Johnson...talking about Clint...

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Clint is very, very lucky that such a veteran as Bobby Labonte was able to throw his car sideways and not T-bone Clint in his driver's side door. Hated seeing Clint take out Bobby who was giving that #47 car the ride of its life.

--
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

He certainly was lucky it was a veteran behind him and one that was willing to take himself out with the slide instead of trying to go around....

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Bill... I was up in our Wrangler Jeans V.I.P. suite at Charlotte Motor Speedway during the May 1981 World 600 when Donnie Allison got into the wall and slid down in turn 4 before being hit broadside by Dick Brooks, who was trying to throw his car sideways. Saw the whole thing and it was just shocking.

Thank goodness it was the passenger side of Donnie's car facing Dick. But, it still ended Donnie's driving career and he was lucky to survive. You could hear that awful impact through the suite glass over the noise of the cars, as well as "feel" the impact.

Only other time I've ever heard and felt an impact that loud was when DW hit the inside concrete abutment at Daytona coming off #4 near the garage area Goodyear tower in the early 80s.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

This is the DW crash I was referring to... in the 1983 Daytona 500. I was up in the Goodyear tower, just inside the Winston Cup garage when DW hit that concrete abutment. It sounded like a thousand race tires exploding and that tower just shook. It was after this crash that Junior Johnson approached us at Wrangler about Dale Earnhardt replacing DW in his car. He said this wreck "had rung Darrell's bell" and he wouldn't "drive" the car anymore.

--
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

terrible crashes, thanks for the posting. I had never seen either one. I know what you mean about the noise. I was at Speedworld one time and the late Gene Vitello spun down to the apron and tried to come back up and T-boned Hank Baker right in the drivers door. It happened right in front of me so I was 20-30 feet away. The crash noise really scared me til I found out Hank was OK.