Got a Vintage car and looking for a track to race at?

S.T.A.R.S. Radio
@stars-radio
14 years ago
514 posts
Well tune in to S.T.A.R.S. Radio show Thursday for a big announcement about a track looking for Vintage Cars......Thursday 7pm est.......
updated by @stars-radio: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
14 years ago
907 posts
Ummm dogggie!
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
you know there are only so many vintage cars out there------------------a n d -----------------there are only so many tracks out there, if the demand exceeds the supply does that mean you are a commodity in demand?? does that mean there could be show money??? A thought, a very good thought,you fill up a 16 gallon tank at 3 bucks or better and a toter with 25 gallons at $2.59 you have spent over $112.00 and are you even at the track yet?? Not griping just showing where a little tow money just may get you 30 cars instead of 12 cars. It is something I am going to look at when we start dragging to the track. You are going to lay over to come home so thats another factor.When we put the boat in to go out its $200 bucks or better to do this, you see having fun does have a pricetag on it in todays world so do i go fishing or do i go racing? Entertain me with a thought on this
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
14 years ago
907 posts
Johnny Mallonee said:
you know there are only so many vintage cars out there------------------a n d -----------------there are only so many tracks out there, if the demand exceeds the supply does that mean you are a commodity in demand?? does that mean there could be show money??? A thought, a very good thought,you fill up a 16 gallon tank at 3 bucks or better and a toter with 25 gallons at $2.59 you have spent over $112.00 and are you even at the track yet?? Not griping just showing where a little tow money just may get you 30 cars instead of 12 cars. It is something I am going to look at when we start dragging to the track. You are going to lay over to come home so thats another factor.
When we put the boat in to go out its $200 bucks or better to do this, you see having fun does have a pricetag on it in todays world so do i go fishing or do i go racing? Entertain me with a thought on this
Johnny,Those are all excellent points, and that is the role of the sponsors in our group, the "Bell and Bell Vintage Modified Series". Sponsorship funds are being equally distributed to participants to help off set participation expenses. Our goal is to make it affordable and attractive to participate in our events, granted, we have not met our final goal, but we have also just begun. Our series is a work in progress and is only one year old. One absolute marketing strategy is your opening statement......."there are only so many vintage race cars........" if a promoter is intersted in adding a vintage event, the possibilities are limited, they don't grow on trees, that fact is source of strength for the vintage community.
Mike Ray
@mike-ray
14 years ago
41 posts
I am still buying the howe on layaway.It looks like it might be a Pontiac Trans Am but it really wants to be a 1939 Plymouth.I wanted to make the "Rock" for Jimmy and Andy but It could be next year now unless I hit Lotto tonight.I vote with Johnny on "tow money.I'll support the club and the track when I get my stuff done.peace,out.