Daytona Speedway

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Well I went up to the track monday to take a few photos and maybe see the equipt they bringing in to tear the track surface up with prior to resurfacing--A N D---------------- to my surprise You would have thought a race was being held at the people,media,and familiar faces (Old DW) -- You couldnt get close enough to even hear whats going on without a VIP pass. I dug in my briefcase and got out My Racers Reunion VIP pass and hung it around my neck, Guess what ,it worked. At least I got past the initial guards and up to see they were having a ritual under the canopy ( it was pouring cats and dogs) but they are setting up to sell squares of the pavement for a fee------hmmmm I see a raid on the local plants getting scraps and saying its from Daytona.Also they had pulloff tires there for sale with the one time slogan "support our troops" on the tires along with the Goodyear Sign.Jaws was wound up big time there in front of the camera and I did get a glimpse of Brian under an umbrella . I am going back up later this week and see if I can get up to the track to get a few photos when its not raining.
updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:08:38PM
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
14 years ago
626 posts
Hay Johnny get me a pice of Pavement if you can Thanks AKA Joe Fan
Mike Ray
@mike-ray
14 years ago
41 posts
Dear Johnny,I'm so glad you got to go inside the big track;that Racer's Reunion hard tag did the trick.I need to come down and visit my mama and I might stop if Sandra feels up to it.I haven't been to the big track in quite a while and would like to see the old girl!peace,out.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
mike if you coming dont come for at least two weeks, they have restricted all visitors from inside the track until they get the temp road built at the top of the track--all the guardrails are being taken down and lighting is being removed so its a cluster mess right now Batch plant is being set up on outside of track hust off turn 2