Tour Update and Bristol

Jimmy Johnson
@jimmy-johnson
10 years ago
123 posts

Just finished up the Floyd Va Auto Fair and am in Bristol at Exit 7 Sams Club. We have had the Nascar on tour for the last year and half, For years I have done promotions at Walmarts and Sams Clubs. Since having the simulator on tour I have been doing a lot of trade shows, Fairs, special events, car shows etc. and with great response. I thought I would come back to the old stomping grounds at Sams Club, especially in Bristol where fans are usually exicited.The majority of us on Racersreunion are dedicated to our love of the history.Today was a different experience,first of all the club I am at, I have worked for about 15 years. Wall to Wall people back in the day and business was great. Parking lot full of fans and out of state tags everywhere. Not today, I started talking to some fans asking where they were from and getting some opinions. One man from KY. toldme that his wife and 2 teenage kids were with him, Motel cost 3 nights for 4 people was $679.00 Tickets for Nation Wide and Cup $330.00 said by the time he gets back home it will be about a $1,500 . said it will probably be his last. took notice of fan attitudes and it was pathetic, Not fun for fans any more. I can see why Nascar is losing big time. That's enough about the good days compared to today. From here we go to the Russell County Fair in Castlewood Va for 9 days. Then on to Pidgeon Forge for the Sept Rod Run and Shades of the Past. Then it will be the best event all year coming up Orange county Occoneechee.

updated by @jimmy-johnson: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Thanks for the report, Jimmy. Be safe. I hope some of the suits in Daytona read your reports. It'd be a lot better for NASCAR, the fans and the racers than hiring the marketing gurus who don't have a clue.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Russell Rector
@russell-rector
10 years ago
80 posts

Hope to see you in Pigeon Forge ,Jimmy.