R.I.P. Jimmy Cox - Former NASCAR Inspector

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

I did not know Jimmy Cox personally - many here may have - but I saw him in the Winston Cup garage every week for years. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

JIMMY RAY COX
JIMMY RAY COX
Visitation: 6:00 to 8:00 PM Friday May 15, 2015 Whitley's Funeral Home
Service: 2:00 PM Saturday May 16, 2015 Whitley's Funeral Home Annex Chapel
Internment: Carolina Memorial Park
Dotted Line
Obituary:
Concord, Jimmy Ray Cox
Mr. Jimmy Ray Cox, 80, of Concord passed away Wednesday, May 13, 2015. He was born January 28, 1935 in Cabarrus County to the late Clarence and Margie Whitley Cox. He was 1955 graduate of Winecoff High School. He was retired from Nascar and was employed with Hendrix Motorsports. He served with the U.S.Navy. He was an avid Classic Car enthusiast and attended many car shows. He was a member of Eastside Baptist Church.
Mr. Cox is survived by his wife; Earlene Martin Cox, two sons; Clint Cox, David Cox (Carrie) all of Kannapolis, one daughter; Rae Ann Stirewalt ( Mike )of Concord. Five grandchildren; Amber Burris, Andrew Cox, Laura Stirewalt, Jon Stirewalt, Garrett Cox. One brother; Boyd Cox ( Tiny ) of Ocala, Florida.
The family will receive friends Friday May 15, 2015 at Whitleys Funeral from 6:00 until 8:00 p.m.
A Celebration of Life Service will be held 2:00 p.m. Saturday May 16, 2015 at Whitleys Funeral Home Annex Chapel with the Rev. Bill Perkins and Rev. Rex Burleson officiating. Inurnment will follow at Carolina Memorial Park, Kannapolis, N.C.
Memorials may be made to the Nazareth Childrens Home, 725 Cresent Road, Rockwell, N.C. 28138.
Online condolences may be left at www.whitleysfuneralhome.com .

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
9 years ago
820 posts

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Jan Woodberry
@jan-woodberry
9 years ago
171 posts

RIP JIMMY COX...OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOUR FAMILY.