HOW MEMORIES ARE MADE Southern Style

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

Well the holidays are again among us and if you are a racer of yesteryear and maybe this year too you just may have an itch still for throwing some mud.

I for one always loved the down south race we came to expect that usually showed up around this time of the year. Chilly as it was many a car showed up to do battle for a last hooray before Santa bestowed all those wonderful days and nites of wrapping and decorating the house and or the shop with dazzle and tinsel that shined as the color wheel rotated its different images on the tree and house. For those of you who never had a Color wheel check with Tim or Dave on its beauty during the holidays.

Ok you got the tree set up and the lovely lady of the house is somewhat happy at the moment so out to the shop you go and set down to ponder.

Should I stay or should I go. Big question as there is ONE more race of the season and you begin remembering what its like. You say what the heck,one more time YEAH.

So you start Loading the car and stuff to take to the track.

Inline image 1

Yup it does take a few minutes to accomplish this. So off you go,jacket,did I get my jacket, Might get cool tonite. Now you rolling with a couple of friends following behind.

Down the road a few miles you see in the distance a familiar sign that tells the tale, Big race tonite, YES we here. Right turn Clyde and then the all important sign that says (well you read it). Money,where is my money to pay to go to pits. Yup found it now on the park and go weigh in with the car,just like in Boxing. That done you go do the meet and greet but dodge the one thats still mad from last race.

I for one always loved the down south race we came to expect that usually showed up around this time of the year. Chilly as it was many a car showed up to do battle for a last hooray before Santa bestowed all those wonderful days and nites of wrapping and decorating the house and or the shop with dazzle and tinsel that shined as the color wheel rotated its different images on the tree and house. For those of you who never had a Color wheel check with Tim or Dave on its beauty during the holidays.

Yup it does take a few minutes to accomplish this. So off you go,jacket,did I get my jacket, Might get cool tonite. Now you rolling with a couple of friends following behind.

Displaying WP_20161129_008.jpg

Down the road a few miles you see in the distance a familiar sign that tells the tale, Big race tonite, YES we here. Right turn Clyde and then the all important sign that says (well you read it).

Inline image 3

Money,where is my money to pay to go to pits. Yup found it now on the park and go weigh in with the car,just like in Boxing. That done you go do the meet and greet but dodge the one thats still mad from last race.

Up to the fence you go and look,yes its still soft and round just like last time.

Inline image 1

Little goose bumps come up from the chill or maybe from the excitement of just being at the track with that special aroma that funny fuel gives the area.

The fans arent here yet but that seating over there will be a hotbed of fans tonite

Inline image 2

Well you will have to wait until after the race for any more have fun yall

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM