50's-60's Hot Rodding & Drag Racing in Texas

SuicideAxles
@suicideaxles
15 years ago
2 posts
I'm a new guy, a young buck if you will, & I consider myself a historian of sorts. Always researching Texas drag racers and hot rodders from the 50's & 60's. If you have any stories, please do tell. If you have any photos, please do share. I would like to pay homage to the people who started it all, and I love to collect information, stories, and photos of Texas hot rodding & drag racing.Thanks!Jeremy
updated by @suicideaxles: 12/05/16 08:51:01AM
Doug Rice
@doug-rice
15 years ago
5 posts
Jeremy I lived in texas in the early 70's worked the drag strip on Fort Hood - N.H.R.A. sanctioned we ran several special events to include The Little Red Wagon. I still stay in touch with Maverick. I would also like to find some of the old time guys and maybe you can help me.Also still good friends with Cogo Eads in Killeen. I would like to work with you on your project you can contact me (804)536-2305 cell or dougl78@yahoo.comDoug Rice
SuicideAxles
@suicideaxles
15 years ago
2 posts
Thanks Doug. I believe I have a picture of the Eads' "Boss's Cuda" from the 70's. Hopefully alot of the old timers will be at the Texas State Championships and I can finally put some faces to the names. www.texastiming.com
David Harris
@david-harris
14 years ago
1 posts
Jeremy,Here is a link with some information about my grandfather that raced in the 50-60 with some picture. www.jamesbutler-rememberme.com He was know as Mr. Ford and two of his best known cars were Rowdy Willy and Remember Me.
Mel Bashore
@mel-bashore
14 years ago
3 posts
I'm also new to Drag RacersReunion, but want to tap into your knowledge of Texas drag racing history. I have created a new website with information on over 300 drag race drivers who died while racing. I have entries for 19 drag race drivers who died in Texas, nine of whom died in the 1950s and '60s--the period of your interest. The earliest I have is James Goodson who died at Yello Belly in 1957. Could you take a look at my site to see if you can add any more names or information? The URL is: dragstripdeaths.webs.com/Thanks,Mel