13 years ago
1,783 posts

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Devin
@devin
13 years ago
618 posts
I want to be a member of that club. Wow! Well, maybe just once.

Wally Bell said:
Pretty Cool.......
Ron Horton
@ron-horton
13 years ago
22 posts

I've seen that thing and it's pretty darn impressive.Shockley is one of the pioneers.

Back as far as the early 70s there were actual Rocket! dragsters on the tracks that were capable of running easy 4sec passes at over 350mph while clicking the engine off at 3/4 track.Saw2 run anda 3rdblow in the pits. All 3 events were memorable.

Ron Horton
@ron-horton
13 years ago
22 posts

Lynn,

Saw the Polution packer at Capital( I'm pretty sure that was the track) and Tom Paxton's car at York when they were underAHRA. Also just remember seeing Sammy Miller at I think Atco.The rocket that popped was in the pits at Colonial Beach Va.in the tracks 1/4 mile days and my guess wouldbeabout 73'ish.I remember it was during one of the tracks big 4th of July races. Car was just sitting in the pits and a big "pop" sent pieces of the fuel cell sky high as it blew.Don't recall who this was .All of these races were early to mid 70s.Lynn W."Mort" Morton said:

Ron , I saw both the '57 and his 3 engine kenworth last year ! Which rocket cars did you see and which had the pit problem ? MORT

Ron Horton said:

I've seen that thing and it's pretty darn impressive.Shockley is one of the pioneers.

Back as far as the early 70s there were actual Rocket! dragsters on the tracks that were capable of running easy 4sec passes at over 350mph while clicking the engine off at 3/4 track.Saw2 run anda 3rdblow in the pits. All 3 events were memorable.

Jack Thomas
@jack-thomas
13 years ago
14 posts
Saw Slammin' Sammy Miller @ York once, really impressive.

Ron Horton said:

Lynn,

Saw the Polution packer at Capital( I'm pretty sure that was the track) and Tom Paxton's car at York when they were underAHRA. Also just remember seeing Sammy Miller at I think Atco.The rocket that popped was in the pits at Colonial Beach Va.in the tracks 1/4 mile days and my guess wouldbeabout 73'ish.I remember it was during one of the tracks big 4th of July races. Car was just sitting in the pits and a big "pop" sent pieces of the fuel cell sky high as it blew.Don't recall who this was .All of these races were early to mid 70s.Lynn W."Mort" Morton said:

Ron , I saw both the '57 and his 3 engine kenworth last year ! Which rocket cars did you see and which had the pit problem ? MORT

Ron Horton said:

The Wally Bell Show
@the-wally-bell-show
13 years ago
72 posts

Capt. Jack & Mike Evegens 3/9 .....Fun Night !!!!

Wally Bell Show