John R. Bockelman
@john-r-bockelman
12 years ago
62 posts

The Pro Stockers went to Charlotte to test and they intend to make the most of those last 2 qualifying sessions. the nitro guys are not able to test this week and they have a group who are sitting at #10 and 11 in points and are still hopeful of getting a Countdown slot...but according to what I've read, all the rubber got wiped off the track in the rainstorms and the upcoming track condition will be in question. No doubt they will do everything they can to get the track up to snuff, and I thought it was a good call to postpone not only the eliminations, but those last 2 rounds of qualifying till next weekend. It's the Big Go and it should be run in its entirety even with this week-long break. Good luck to the teams who are still trying to get into the Countdown and good luck and safe racing to all who will still be able to make it back for next weekend's race.

I was surprised that Cruz Pedregon wasn't able to make a good enough run to qualify by now, but his team's going to do their best to get him in the field and go rounds so he can get into the Countdown field. Force is still trying to get in the Countdown, he's qualified so what he has to do now is win. Adding the Countdown implications to this race has deepened the intrigue and put more pressure on several teams to win this damn thing. What I believe wins out over one spectacular run is consistency across the whole season. Save the best for last (the Countdown) and it's likely you'll come out on top...my 2 cents!

What it comes down to is there's a drag race somewhere in all that, and it's the biggest and most important one of the year. I expect a lot of outstanding racing to go down next Saturday and Sunday!