Chat

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
8 years ago
1,783 posts

Hey folks the chat feature can be accessed by clicking the cloud icon on the lower right side of the page. It does not yet have an audible notification. But, if you have browser notifications enabled, you will see the post notifications from there.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 01/21/17 01:13:03PM
Devin
@devin
8 years ago
618 posts

See the small box with two lines in it.  If you hover over it with your browser (mouse) pointer you'll see the word "chat", click on it to get into the chat room.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
8 years ago
1,783 posts

When you open up the chat icon, click the little guy in the top right corner. He will then display all the folks that are online, on chat, and those that have recently been online....within the past 5 minutes.

The Red Dot means they have been (logged in) online in the past 5 minutes

The Orange Dot means they are (logged in) online now .

The Green dot means they are logged in and in the chat room with you.

This display does not show the visitors and the bots that are online. 

--

updated by @jeff-gilder: 01/18/20 05:20:38AM
Larry Clayton
@larry-clayton
8 years ago
19 posts

Test 10:51 12-19-16

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

I haven't been able to find this cloud icon or a box with two lines on the lower right of any page I've looked at to access chat.

Also haven't figured out how to make a forum post. I can get to previous posts, but am not seeing how to make a new one. A technolgically challenged guy like me is still having a very difficult time figuring out how to use the new site.

Thanks

DF

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
8 years ago
221 posts

Dave,

I have attached a photo highlighting where the "cloud" is.  Click on that box to access the chat.

Cloud.jpg
Cloud.jpg  •  88KB

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
8 years ago
1,783 posts

Thanks, Alex.

Dave, to post a new topic on the forum:

1. Click on the Forum tab in the main navigation

forum tab.PNG

2. Choose / Click the category (from the list) that you would like to use for your post

forum category.PNG

3. Click the + sign on the right just under the Forum nav.

Plus.PNG

Let me know if this helps.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Thanks guys. Will keep trying.

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
8 years ago
1,783 posts

[quote="Dave Fulton"]

Thanks guys. Will keep trying.

[/quote]

Let me know if you need help, Dave. I'm happy to get on the phone with you and get you going.

Happy New Year!

Jeff

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

OK.. I now understand clicking on the "+" to add a new Forum post - thanks.

I am currently using an Android tablet and still haven't found the cloud icon for chat. Haven't tried on my Windows 10 desktop. Do I need to be on a specific page to find the cloud con?

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
8 years ago
1,783 posts

[quote="Dave Fulton"]

I am currently using an Android tablet and still haven't found the cloud icon for chat. Haven't tried on my Windows 10 desktop. Do I need to be on a specific page to find the cloud con?

[/quote]

Dave,

The tablet should have "Chat" in the main navigation. I haven't tried it on a tablet yet, but that's the way it is displayed on a phone....should be the same.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were using a tablet, I should have included that.

Jeff

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
8 years ago
1,783 posts

[quote="Jeff Gilder"]

[quote="Dave Fulton"]

[/quote]

Dave,

On a desktop it is visible from any page.

The tablet should have "Chat" in the main navigation. I haven't tried it on a tablet yet, but that's the way it is displayed on a phone....should be the same.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were using a tablet, I should have included that.

Jeff

[/quote]

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

The Chat Cloud Icon shows up fine on my desktop and I can access Chat.

Still haven't found a way in on the Android tablet I use 95% of the time. Anybody else found how to access Chat from an Android tablet? Don't see the word Chat in a menu.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

My Android tablet does not support Flash. Is that the reason I cannot access Chat from this mobile device?

--
Devin
@devin
8 years ago
618 posts

Dave,

I tested my tablet today and I could not locate chat either. The format is completely out of sync on my tablet.  The main header will not even stay at the top. It hovers in the middle of the tablet window. Working right from my cell. Androids?!

updated by @devin: 01/01/17 08:56:49AM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
7 years ago
9,137 posts

Thank you, Devin. Now I know I am not crazy... tho' my wife might disagree.  So crrently there is no way to acfsscChat fromnan Android tablet. Phooey.🤔

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
7 years ago
9,137 posts

[quote="Dave Fulton"]

Thank you, Devin. Now I know I am not crazy... tho' my wife might disagree.  So crrently there is no way to acfsscChat fromnan Android tablet. Phooey.🤔

[/quote]

Pardon my typing

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
7 years ago
1,783 posts

I dragged my android tablet out of the drawer to see if I had the same issues. I can't get the menu to open with it. Chat is (or should be) in the menu for these and other mobile devices. Granted this Android tablet (the only android I own) is a dinosaur, but I will look for a solution. So, I pulled out my iPad Mini. Although the rest of the site works much better than on the Android (faster, too), I'm still having menu issues with it. My iPhone works without any issues. So, does my desktop. Looks like I have some work to do on the tablets. I have another major update planned sometime in the next couple of days. I think I'll wait to dive into this until after the update. 

Sorry you're having a problem.

Jeff

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
7 years ago
9,137 posts

Thanks for checking, Jeff. Maybe one of the fofthcoming updates will resolve the issue.

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
7 years ago
1,783 posts

[quote="Dave Fulton"]

Thanks for checking, Jeff. Maybe one of the fofthcoming updates will resolve the issue.

[/quote]

Thanks, Dave. I feel sure we can get this resolved. The truth is....just like y'all, I'm still learning, too. 

--
Devin
@devin
7 years ago
618 posts

[quote="Dave Fulton"]

[quote="Dave Fulton"]

Thank you, Devin. Now I know I am not crazy... tho' my wife might disagree.  So currently there is no way to access Chat from an Android tablet. Phooey.🤔

[/quote]

Pardon my typing

[/quote]

You are welcome and you are pardoned! :)  No, but as Jeff said below an update is coming.  Maybe we'll see you in chat next Tuesday.  Take care.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
7 years ago
9,137 posts

Anybody figured yet how to access Chat from an Android tablet?

--
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
7 years ago
4,073 posts

May be apples and oranges - but here is what I see when I open RR on my iPhone / iPad. I click the upper right menu button (3 lines - one under each other). I scroll down a bit. Right above my name, I see a gray, smaller font "Chat" word. 

IMG_3399.PNG

Clicking it takes me to the chat box where I can use my virtual keyboard to send messages. Hopefully works similar on Android devices.

IMG_3400.PNG

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.

updated by @tmc-chase: 04/03/17 08:36:19PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
7 years ago
9,137 posts

Thanks, Chase. I have no 3 line menu bar on the Android tablet. If I click on my avatar in the menu bar, I get a menu beginnng with "Items You Like or Dislike" and ending with "Account Settings." No Chat option, though.

--
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
7 years ago
4,073 posts

Well hopefully one of the "Items You Like" is my earlier reply - even though it didn't work. Ha.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
7 years ago
1,783 posts

Hey folks,

I have a (sort of) solution. I added a tab in the menu for "Mobile Chat". The url is http://racersreunion.com/chat/mobile. You can see this on an Android now. The issue is....you'll need to open another instance of the site to do something else while you're chatting. This requires you to go back and forth between browser tabs. I agree not a perfect solution. But, for listening to the radio....just open up the site and click radio listen button....open up another instance and click Mobile Chat...you're in business. 

I'm still looking for a better solution.

--
Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
7 years ago
560 posts

[quote="Dave Fulton"]

Thanks, Chase. I have no 3 line menu bar on the Android tablet. If I click on my avatar in the menu bar, I get a menu beginnng with "Items You Like or Dislike" and ending with "Account Settings." No Chat option, though.

[/quote]

Dave,

Turn your your Android tablet in the up/down position to get the 3 line menu bar.

Chat option. It's all the way on the bottom left hand side.

Dennis Garrett

Richmond, VA.

updated by @dennis-garrett: 04/04/17 11:59:01AM
Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
7 years ago
560 posts

[quote="TMC Chase"]

May be apples and oranges - but here is what I see when I open RR on my iPhone / iPad. I click the upper right menu button (3 lines - one under each other). I scroll down a bit. Right above my name, I see a gray, smaller font "Chat" word. 

IMG_3399.PNG

Clicking it takes me to the chat box where I can use my virtual keyboard to send messages. Hopefully works similar on Android devices.

IMG_3400.PNG

[/quote] Is there anyway to change the grey lettering in the "chat" / "type message and press enter" buttons to the color of yellow to see them better?

Dennis Garrett

Richmond, VA.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
7 years ago
9,137 posts

Dennis.. that worked perfectly. When I turn my Android tablet to the vertical position,  I have the 3-bar menu icon in upper left corner - and, as you said, the chat option appears bottom left corner when the 3-bar icon is clicked. Maybe Jeff should nickname you "Sherlock!" 😃 Thanks!

--