What would you race?

Thomas Warren2
@thomas-warren2
10 years ago
23 posts

Hello all, time to come clean. Found time slips to a vehicle I raced, never been posted before. Have few photos on the vehicle. Yes I drove it to the track and the time slips show the same old story. Ran faster than my dial-in. Had 4 time trials before eliminations, now you get two where I race now. I guess drag racing is in the blood and there is no cure.

updated by @thomas-warren2: 04/06/18 11:56:50AM
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
10 years ago
1,783 posts

Nice ride, Thomas!!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Thomas Warren2
@thomas-warren2
10 years ago
23 posts

So you want to go racing. You can. At my local track, for 20 bucks or less you get a great place to race your car. Any car. Pass tech and your in and a helmet, too.Many show up with their street ride. This is how the sport started. We need this type of racer to support the tracks across the country. You may end up with a trophy or a couple of bucks. The trill is priceless. You're parked in the pits and can meet the regular racers. Bring a camera, 100 dollar unit give you photos and video that go right to your computer. Many racers don't take pictures of their car and would like to see them end up on websites like DragRacersReunion. Your photo this weekend will be priceless decades down the road. It may lead to a career or a job. Don't be afraid to ask about the cars, you may end up with a life time friend. Get out there and enjoy life. See you at the races.

Thomas Warren2
@thomas-warren2
10 years ago
23 posts

Hi All, found that 1970 Plymouth Promo videos I posted on Jeff Gilder's group Racin 7 Rockin. Brings me back to a time we all could use now. First car out off high school and first car I drag raced on the strip. Maybe I was 18 (1972)and possibilities were endless. 1970 Barracuda, you know, the one that got away. Had to throw the photo in by Mort at Island Dragway staging lanes. That is a nice blue.

Thomas Warren2
@thomas-warren2
10 years ago
23 posts

Hi All, now my Yellow 1935 Chevy thinks it's a race car. It gets a trophy and it proves that by sending parts through the hood. Stuff happens. Parts on the way and radiator getting repaired. Enjoy these photos, I know you have been there, too.

Thomas Warren2
@thomas-warren2
10 years ago
23 posts

Hi Mort, No, it was a driveway test and tune. Looks worse than it is. Parts on the way and have it ready to go again. At the track would have been expensive. Tow home and more. If it was the fan blade that came apart, a new Flexalite lite weight fan going in. More cooling power, too. Site been slow, this keeps everyone entertained. LATER.