Sad News

Mike Sykes2
@mike-sykes2
15 years ago
18 posts
Arvil Beck dies at 73 he and his wife Joan were my right hand people from day one and for the last 19 years with The Old Timers Racing Club if we had a function they were ready to go at the drop of a hat. He worked long and hard hours as a volunteer to help keep the club going. He and Joan would go to shows and meetings and were always willing workers for the Old Timers Racing Club. He always told everyone that as soon as I got rich and famous that I could double his salary and I always had the same answer for him double of nothing is nothing so I will gladly double his salary anytime he wanted. He like myself was honored to get to call some of racings best men and women a friend.Arvil and Joan was our membership chairman and was faithful to us until his health started to fail in the past couple of years. We will always remember his smile and his humorous pranks and jokes he liked to pull on people we will miss him terribly and am proud to call him my friend. I will post arraingments tommorow. God Speed Arvil.
updated by @mike-sykes2: 03/19/19 12:24:42AM
ray lamm
@ray-lamm
15 years ago
214 posts
it is sad my prayer are to his family at this time
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
15 years ago
1,783 posts
I'm really sorry to hear this Mike. I know how much he meant to you and your family...as well as the Old Timers Group. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and yours.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
15 years ago
488 posts
From all of us at Cape Fear-CARS to the Beck family and the Old Timers Racing Club, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
15 years ago
626 posts
I would like to allso say our thoughts and prayers are with Mr Beck and his family God Speed
Mike Sykes2
@mike-sykes2
15 years ago
18 posts
Services for Arvil Beck will be held Friday December 4th at Archdale United Methodist Church, 11543 N. Main Street. (Hwy 311) Archdale NC 27263 Visitation will start at 2:00 pm and the memorial service will start at 3pm In lieu of flowers the family request that a donation be made to the Old Timers Racing Club in memory of Arvil and we in turn will help with the final expenses and medical bills. On behalf of Joan, Donna, and Lynn they want to thank all of you for your thoughts prayers and generosity in this time of need.The address for the Old Timers Racing Club 119 Northeast Drive Archdale NC 27263
Mike Sykes2
@mike-sykes2
15 years ago
18 posts
thanks ray will see that Joan gets you message ray lamm said:
it is sad my prayer are to his family at this time
Mike Sykes2
@mike-sykes2
15 years ago
18 posts
Jim the family says thank to you and your group they have been very humbled by this event. Jim Wilmore said:
From all of us at Cape Fear-CARS to the Beck family and the Old Timers Racing Club, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Mike Sykes2
@mike-sykes2
15 years ago
18 posts
Thanks Leon they need our prayers and support in this sad time. Leon Phillips said:
I would like to allso say our thoughts and prayers are with Mr Beck and his family God Speed
Frank Craig
@frank-craig
15 years ago
71 posts
All of us here at The Historic Speedway Group lost a friend.God bless Arvil and his family.
LAVERNE ZACHARY
@laverne-zachary
15 years ago
117 posts
Was a real pleasure knowing Arvil over the past few years.I will really miss him.Joan you will be in our thoughts and prayers.LAVERNE ZACHARYHISTORIC SPEEDWAY GROUP
Devin
@devin
15 years ago
619 posts
You and his family are in my thoughts tonight and especially Friday.
Paul Lewis
@paul-lewis
15 years ago
6 posts
Mike, Linda & I are so sorry to hear about Arvil. We're also sorry for your loss. It's terribly difficult to lose such a good friend. We will be sure to remember the family as well as you in our prayers.