WHAT DO THESE HAVE IN COMMON? ANY GUESSES? KEEP READING.

Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
9 years ago
560 posts

THERE'S GOT TO BE STORY OR TWO OF WHAT THIS 1983 RICHARD PETTY ADVERTISEMENT AND DALE EARNHARDT SR., UNION 76 RACESTOPPERS, BUSCH BEER, WINSTON CUP VICTORY LANE SIGN SLOGAN, TEXAS JEANS, AND GAY TOYS INC. HAVE IN COMMON.
ANY GUESSES?

Thanks for any information or photos posted.
Dennis Garrett
Richmond,Va. USA

updated by @dennis-garrett: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Devin
@devin
9 years ago
618 posts

USA? Kinda like the "Great American Speedway".

Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
7 years ago
560 posts

It been over 2 years when this was posted and no guesses?

THERE'S GOT TO BE STORY OR TWO OF WHAT THIS 1983 RICHARD   PETTY ADVERTISEMENT AND DALE EARNHARDT SR., UNION 76 RACESTOPPERS, BUSCH BEER, WINSTON CUP VICTORY LANE SIGN SLOGAN, TEXAS JEANS, AND GAY TOYS INC. HAVE IN COMMON.

#1. In the MODINE advertisement page, Richard Petty is wearing an blue/white striped RACEMARK firesuit that has sewed on its left collar an small blue/yellow WRANGLER lettering patch?

#2. Behind Richard Petty is #43 STP Pontiac with an TEXAS JEANS decal on it, that was partially covered up with "Congratulations Richard Petty 25 years King of Nascar.

#3. On right arm of RACEMARK firesuit, there is an sponsor patch botched-it out in blue to match the blue RACEMARK firesuit?

Could smiling Richard Petty is senting an message to TEXAS JEANS for more sponsorship money ?

Dennis Garrett

Richmond, Va.

updated by @dennis-garrett: 01/18/20 05:20:38AM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
7 years ago
9,137 posts

Richard was always good at arm twsting... i.e. twisting Plymouth/Chrysler's arm with his 1969 one season move to Ford. For the life of me, I don't know or recall the origin of the Wrangler patch on Richard's collar.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 03/22/17 10:24:14AM