Can you "Name These Autographs of race drivers, race car owners, pit crewmen, mechanics, and NASCAR Hall of Famers"??

Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
11 years ago
560 posts

Can you "Name These Autographs of race drivers, race car owners, pit crewmen, mechanics, and NASCAR Hall of Famers"??

I just found this ebay item: POSTCARD DAYTONA 500 RACE CAR TRUXMORE / AUTOGRAPHS I purchased about ten years. I got it because I'm #90 Junie Donlavey race fan.

Front of postcard is photo of Charlie Glotzbach, Teri Ingle - Miss Truxmore, Harold Cole Sr. - owner of Truxmore Industries, Incorporated.

Back of postcard is race history plus (9) Autographs of race drivers, race car owners, pit crewman, mechanics, and NASCAR Hall of Famers.
I know 8 out of 9 autographs.

#01. I don't know this one?? N ?? P ??

#02.

#03.

#04.

#05.

#06.

#07.

#08.

#09.

Thanks for any information or photos posted
Dennis Garrett
Richmond,Va.USA

updated by @dennis-garrett: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
S.T.A.R.S. Radio
@stars-radio
11 years ago
514 posts

I am going to guess Maurice Petty

Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
11 years ago
214 posts

I know all but two-one can't see

Thanks---Harlow reynolds--Lynchburg,Va.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Maurice sounds like a good guess. I easily recognized the others. What a great postcard, Dennis! Junie's Truxmore Fords and Mercs were always beautiful, whether GN/Cup or Late Model Sportsman/Modified.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

I'm seeing #02 - #09 as Leonard Wood, Lennie Pond, Richard Childress, Delano Wood, Herb Nab, David Pearson, Skip Manning, and Walter Ballard.

--
Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
11 years ago
560 posts

S.T.A.R.S. Radio , Thanks for theMaurice Petty autograph answer to the #01. I don't know this one?? N?? P?? 70s autographs postcard Question.

I found an 30 years later 2000, MAURICE PETTY AUTOGRAPHED 2000 PRESSPASS NASCAR CARD on eBay website.

Of course the 70s MAURICE PETTY AUTOGRAPHED is missing last part of the funny looking "M" that looks like "'N".

Is missing a period over the "i" in Maurice.

Is missing the letter "y" in Petty.

I have now determined that all (9) Autographs of race drivers, race car owners, pit crewman, mechanics, and NASCAR Hall of Famers on the "POSTCARD DAYTONA 500 RACE CAR TRUXMORE / AUTOGRAPHS" are "REAL" and "NOT FAKE"!!

Dennis Garrett
Richmond,Va.USA

Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
11 years ago
560 posts

Dave,

You're right about autographs #01 - #09 as Maurice Petty, Leonard Wood, Lennie Pond, Richard Childress, Delano Wood, Herb Nab, David Pearson, Skip Manning, and Walter Ballard.

Note: A while back on "History Channel"' program called "Pawn Stars", someone had brought in a "GOODYEAR" race tire with "Dale Earnhardt #3" autograph on it. The gentleman had document proof that it was an"Dale Earnhardt #3" "GOODYEAR" race tire and wanted big dollars for it. "Rick of Pawn Stars" found out from the gentleman that he had bought the race tire and then send by it mail to "Dale Earnhardt #3" race shop and came back with "Dale Earnhardt #3" autograph on it.

"Rick of Pawn Stars" called in his autograph expert to check out the "Dale Earnhardt #3" autograph "GOODYEAR" race tire and autograph expert says the autograph is "FAKE".

The autograph expert says the "Dale Earnhardt" signature autograph didn't exactly match his examples of "Dale Earnhardt " autograph photos in his brief-case.

The autograph expert says that he never see an #3 added to a "Real " "Dale Earnhardt " autographed item.

I disagree with "Pawn Stars" autograph expert!!

I have seen Dale Earnhardt Sr. signing his signature autograph on race collector items as "Dale", "Dale Earnhardt", "Dale Earnhardt #15" and "Dale Earnhardt #3.

Dennis Garrett
Richmond,Va.USA

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

I can tell you that in the early-mid 80s a lot of postcards and photos of Dale were signed by his PR guy, the late Joe Whitlock and Joe's late secretary, Judy Tucker.

--
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

Pretty common, especially when Bill was first signed on with Coors. His signature was so simple that kids in school could've reproduced them. Then in later years, he got much fancier,and now, if you look hard enough, you can still tell the 'fanciness' of what it used to be, but then again, he signs so many items, it looks alot sloppier than it used to! ha