Billy Myers

Andrew Minney
@andrew-minney
11 years ago
35 posts

Hi all,

Looking through my files, I have a printed out page from "DriverAverages.com" in which it states:

1956 NASCAR Grand National -

#46 Billy Myers; Race 1, 13 Nov 1955; Hickory; finished 10th started in 15th;

#46 Billy Myers; Race 4, 11 Dec 1955; Palm Beach; finished 3rd started 6th.

In both cases he was driving a 1955 Chevrolet and Hugh Babb was listed as the owner.

Now was Hugh Babb part of SEDCO at this time or did he just run as a privateer before beginning his time at SEDCO.

Many thanks,

Andrew in avery hot and dry Twickenham, England.

updated by @andrew-minney: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Randy Myers2
@randy-myers2
11 years ago
219 posts

Wish I could help you with that question. All I know is daddy ran those races for him before Stroppe got the Mercury stuff here. His first win for Stroppe came at West Palm. Sure would love to know where that trophy wound up.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
11 years ago
907 posts

Andrew, here's a site you may be familiar.........but gives some inside info on the SEDCO/Hugh Babb/Chevrolet racing story. http://www.57chevyblackwidow.com/facts.html

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

Bobby, what a fantastic link you have provided. I expect to spend countless hours looking at all these pictures and guide info on this link. In 1966 I moved from Colorado Springs to Fairborn Ohio and brought my black 57 chevy sedan. I had to sell it to pay for the move and the person from Beaver creek, Ohio who bought ittotaled it in the second race they ran. Maybe your link will get me going on building another...Thanks again....

Andrew Minney
@andrew-minney
11 years ago
35 posts

Randy

thanks for that - every little helps!

Hope you find the trophy

Andrew Minney
@andrew-minney
11 years ago
35 posts

Thanks Bobby,

I have looked there but still can't pin it down!