US Army Karlsruhe Aerospace / Defense FACEBOOK WEBSITE.
US Army Karlsruhe Aerospace / Defense IS IN BOTH ENGLISH AND GERMAN TEXT.
DO YOU KNOW THE GERMAN LANGUAGE?
THE GERMAN TRANLATE TO ENGLISH USING GOOGLE TRANSLATE WILL HELPED.
US Army Karlsruhe's Profile Photo
US Army Karlsruhe
Aerospace / Defense
Get updates from US Army Karlsruhe on Facebook.
Log in or sign up for Facebook today.
Sign Up Log In
About US Army Karlsruhe
BELOW GERMAN TRANLATE TO ENGLISH USING GOOGLE TRANSLATE:
76149 Karlsruhe, Germany
Everything about the old US Army barracks in Karlsruhe with pictures.
The smallest barracks in Karlsruhe, Smiley Barracks, the headquarters of the Post Headquarters. The barracks owes its name T / 4 Lester W. Smiley, who posthumously the Silver Star was awarded during World War II.
The barracks were originally built in 1937 and was named Forster barracks for General Forster the Luftwaffe. At the end of the war the barracks was taken over by the Americans, renamed and is now, of Karlsruhe Headquarters staff, 285th MP Co, 8. Med Co, the 9th, 10th, and 11th Detachments Past the third Med occupied Disp 44th Finance Disbursing section of 548. APU the 595th Med Co, and the 526th QM Co, the USAREUR film Exchange and USAREUR Dependents Education Group.
Phillips Barracks, formerly known under the name of Mackensen barracks, was one of four kasernes built to accommodate the growing military power of the Third Reich (Karlsruhe) shortly before the outbreak of World War II to. This barrack was turned to the Americans in 1945 and officially in honor of PFC Adiran Phillips, who died in action in January 1945 renamed.
Currently, the barracks of 555th Engr Gp, the 78th Engr Bn, and occupied the 809th Engr Co.
The Neureut Cantonment has built the unique distinction in Karlsruhe, the only barracks after the war by the Americans. The Cantonment is now the primary place of Karlsruhe signal units and three civilian employees Service Groups. The barracks is home to the headquarters of the 516th Sig Gp, 29 Sig Bn 17th Sig Bn, and the FA 532. OBSR Bn.
In Karlsruhe, there were several large American military facilities:
Smiley Barracks (ehem. Forstner Barracks) at Neureut-Heide, with the adjacent residential development Paul Revere Village and the Army Airfield
Gerszewski Barracks in Knielingen (former Rhine barracks or Mudra barracks) with engineering troops and a monetary deposit
Neureut Cantonment (rebuilt) in Neureut-Kirchfeldstrae-Nord
Phillips Barracks (ehem. Mackensen barracks) in Rintheim
The naval base in the Rhine harbor was in 1958 abandoned.