GC Spencers racecar

James  Oliver
@james-oliver
10 years ago
7 posts

hi, i own GC Spencers car and i live in Florida and i hope to have it restored in the next three years, if you have any questions or helpfull advice email me back, James

updated by @james-oliver: 12/16/16 04:44:27PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Here's an old, faded photo I took with my Kodak Brownie box camera of GC's car in the Bristol infield following the March 19, 1967 Southeastern 500:

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
James  Oliver
@james-oliver
10 years ago
7 posts

hi, i bought the car years ago, the car was in a barn and five years ago i talked to GC Spencer on the phone and told him i bought the car and i was asking him about parts he might have and i was hoping to restore it before he passed away. He told me he had bad lungs and couldnt do much and he had to have oxigen tank and he said he wasnt interested because that was years ago and he sold his equipment to another team. When i bought the car is was a Magnum and i changed it back to the Charger which might have been a mistake and i got in touch with one of his drivers , John A Utsman, and he came to my home to look at it since he was on his way to Daytona Speedweeks and i took a picture of him with me for my scrap book.

James  Oliver
@james-oliver
10 years ago
7 posts

James  Oliver
@james-oliver
10 years ago
7 posts

hi, if you want to call me at night , my phone is 9047252143

James  Oliver
@james-oliver
10 years ago
7 posts

I used to have a Nascar liscense and i would call Frank Warren to be a gofer to help for three years and i was just a fan of the sport and spent time in the Nascar garage and walked around and talk to some of the drivers between 1976-1978.

James  Oliver
@james-oliver
10 years ago
7 posts

hi , thanks for calling me tonight about the history of the racecar and your dad, Who built the car if you know cause i would like more complete history of the people who were reponsible for putting the car on the racetrack or was this an older chassis by another team that GC Spencer bought and finished? help me if you can, James and i hope you call again or send me updates if you can.

James  Oliver
@james-oliver
10 years ago
7 posts

hi, his son called my tonight and i have the Dodge Magnum that was a Charger and i sent some pictures of the car on pit road in 1978 and now after i took the Magnum body off and replace it with the Charger which was probably a mistake but my plans are to restore it as close to the way the car was, James