Take a Look At This Beauty

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

I spotted her sitting in a field beside the highway on one of my trips. She's never been a race car, but is just sitting there waiting for her dreams to come true.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 08/09/18 09:05:33PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
12 years ago
820 posts

Have two questions, Where and How much. lol.... Wonder if we could hide her in the shop before the wife gets home from work...

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

$1300 is the asking price....nearGreensboro.

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

I'm thinking downforce, PKL.

--
Richard Pastor
@richard-pastor
12 years ago
1 posts

Bill, your wife is way too sharp for that. She knows you like a book.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
12 years ago
820 posts

I see your white SUV in one of the photo's, You need to get a heavier vehicle and start taking your trailer with you on these trips.I wonder if we could get there before Bobby W. does. lol

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

My thoughts exactly, Bill. I had just sold my P/U when I found this beauty. Not too worried about the Bopper...he's a mod-man.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

My best buddy, Frank drove a red '59 Chevy in high school and I drove a '57... both belonging to our respective fathers. His was nicknamed the "Batmobile" and it was NOT a term of endearment!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

Maybe with a little sanding and a little paint.... who knows....

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

Nope... his had a 2bbl "283" and was a dog.

--
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

Has to be one of the worst looking cars of the era I'd say...even though I'm not a Chevy kind of guy...I do like all the 50's Chevies, but not this one.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Dang--that critter got to straight a body to build a circle car out of it. But boy would it make a heck of a nostalgia Speedway car or just a car to drag to the Reunions.. Someone needs to jump on this one quick Does look familiar doesn't it

FL0110-88576_1.jpg

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Rex White gonna get all over you talking of his early ride like that

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

He didnt have to he flew with them I cant believe you dont see the car for what it was PKL That was the first of the Wide Track Chevys, front seat stretched all the way to over yonder and view that hadnt been seen before,you could see everything with those windows. Heck ole whiskey Jr saw the potential -----can you???

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

This was my down fall right here.Drove it to a certain store in Orange Park Fla in the 60's and a living doll came out and said "Is that your car?" The rest is history made in heaven

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Yeah but I hooked her with this one or rather I got snared driving this one.. Sorry about being out of action but Debbie was messing with our stuff in FLA

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
12 years ago
820 posts

Johnny, Hope your place came thru all the rain OK. We got a ton here in Orlando but its pretty well gone because the ground was so dry before Debbie. What say we go get that "ugly" car and make a vintage roundie round car outta her after we make her beautiful again.... I got an extra bay in the race shop here and one in N. Georgia also.

ps. I also have the phone numbers of her present owner and I'm told that price is sorta soft....

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Bill I see you joined that big hat wearing guys club--he was a bumper in my way back in the good days. be careful who you tell that to or he may get up on the wheel on ya--- he and ole DW have something going to i think --- oh by the way watch those glasses he wears-----------------------memories

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

The body is straight alright...but has some rust issues.

--
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
12 years ago
820 posts

heck Jeff, That just makes it lighter and faster...gotta think positive..lol