Vintage Race Video - 7/25/93

Debbie Clayton
@debbie-clayton
11 years ago
1 posts

Does anyone know where I can purchase the race video for the Talladega race on July 25, 1993? Dale Earnhardt won the race and this was the first race my husband went to. This is what made him a die-hard Nascar race fan.

updated by @debbie-clayton: 12/05/16 04:07:53PM
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
11 years ago
4,073 posts

Full race has been uploaded to YouTube if you care to watch it there.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
11 years ago
4,073 posts

And looks like you can buy a copy on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/1993-Talladega-Artist-Not-Provided/dp/B000EGI55W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385831309&sr=8-1

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Chase, I'm glad you were able top point Debbie in the right direction. You know you're getting to be a graybeard when 1993 becomes "Vintage" lol!

Debbie.. I see that you reside in Garland, Texas. That's where I lived when I managed auto racing programs for Southland Corp. / 7-Eleven in Dallas from 1984-1986.

I wonder if Chase and Tim Leeming - "The Legend" pichked up on your address. Once they associate Garland with The King, they may be asking you to visit the hat factory in Garland!

http://stockcar.racersreunion.com/forum/topics/the-king-s-cowboy-hats

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
11 years ago
4,073 posts

Notice I provided not just one - but TWO - tips re: the video. Surely that puts me at the front of the line for a Charlie One Horse hat. Ha.

And Dave, I'll overlook use of the word vintage. In the eye of the beholder I suppose. After all, my idea of "vintage" wine can be a box of it with a bladder inside for $6.99.

I too was at that "vintage" race. So many story lines wrapped up in it. First Dega race after Davey Allison's death, Donnie driving Davey's show car around the track, Robby Gordon racing the Havoline 28, Alabama almost losing 2 more with Stanley Smith's near death in a wreck that saw Jimmy Horton go over the wall and Neil Bonnett getting up in the fence, and Alabama's adopted son Dale Sr. narrowly winning the race.

The 93 DieHard 500 also had one of the most memorable racing quotes courtesy of Jimmy Horton. After realizing all was OK, he quipped "You know you've had a really bad crash when the first guy to get to you is holding a beer can."

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Schaefer, I wonder?

--
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
11 years ago
4,073 posts

No compromising there. Knowing its not distributed in Arizona, one our Schaefer HOFers some shipped out there for our Phoenix race weekend. Seriously! Ha.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

You Lords of the Ring are too much!!!

--