Looking for info on Les Snow 14 Dodge Super Bee or Glen Bradley super bee

Mopurr
@mopurr
12 years ago
9 posts

just recently acquired the old race car #19 D. R. Newlun USAC bodied as a 72 Charger.

I talked to Mr. Newlun and he said that he got it from Glen Bradley who had gotten it from Les Snow

Newlun changed it from the Super Bee to the Charger, it is a Nichels Chassis.

I am looking for any info, pictures contact info of people that knew the cars or drivers that would have info to help establish the complete history of the car.

updated by @mopurr: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Wayne Sulteen
@wayne-sulteen
12 years ago
7 posts

When Les Snow drove the #14 Superbee it was owned by Dale Pierce of G W Pierce Auto Parts,Dale's salvage yard was on US 40 in Dunreith Indiana. Their are pictures of the #14 on this site justsearch Les Snow

Mopurr
@mopurr
12 years ago
9 posts

Thanks for the help, that is another clue for me, I had understood so far that Les was owner and driver.

I spoke to Dennis Newlun this week he is the last owner/driver of it and he said the Glen Bradley had it as the 52 and that is who he bought the car from.

I am trying to gather as much info as possible and if anyone has pictures of it I would love to see them.

So far I just have the one picture of it sitting on a track with a firestone truck in the background.

Wayne Sulteen
@wayne-sulteen
12 years ago
7 posts

As a youngster I lived about a mile away from Dales race shop, I have always loved being around racing & race cars but my dadwould not let me hang out at his shop. Their is a group on Facebook, "USAC Stock Car Series" they have lots of pictures and I am sure someone can give you more help that I can.

Mopurr
@mopurr
12 years ago
9 posts

Thanks I will check it out on FB

Mopurr
@mopurr
12 years ago
9 posts

Wayne

Was Dale's race shop at the same location as the salvage yard?

Sherri

Wayne Sulteen
@wayne-sulteen
12 years ago
7 posts

The Race shop was on the south side of US 40 next to his house, the Salvage Yard was on the North side

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

This has nothing to do with the car you own, but there's some pretty neat Les Snow stuff on the front page of the Feb. 10, 1967 Daytona paper when he and Neil Castles won ARCA qualifiers, including a photo of Les taking the checkers. Thought you might like to see the article. Here's the link:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1873&dat=19670210&id=am8eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=o8kEAAAAIBAJ&pg=708,2908975

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Steve Struve
@steve-struve
12 years ago
47 posts

This is Glen Bradley a couple of years earlier at New Bremen. Could this be the same chassis underneath ?

Steve

Mopurr
@mopurr
12 years ago
9 posts

Thanks for the info to look at

We know that the chassis is 68 style forward not pre 68 by verification to a known Nichels chassis of the same style time period and requirement changes at that time.

so I am not sure if it could have been skinned as a 68 road runner before the 70 super bee.

I do wonder if it could have just started as the super bee and just have the one rebody.......there are a couple of things that make us believe that the chassis may have been built in 69 and I have to wonder if it was later 69 that it was directly the super bee and not a rebody at that time.

So since we have only had the car for a short time I am trying to find us much history that could go with it as possible

Doug3
@doug3
12 years ago
1 posts

Les also had his own #6. There is also another paint scheme for the 14 if it's the same car I don't know .