Pearson says Parks should be next in the HOF

Brandon Reed
@brandon-reed
14 years ago
30 posts
According to most pundits, David Pearson is a shoe-in for the 2011 class of inductees to NASCARs new Hall of Fame in Charlotte, NC.

Not so fast, says David. In an interview with Fox Sports, the 105 time Sprint Cup winner says he would not accept such an honor if it meant keeping Georgia Racing Hall of Fame member and stock car legend Raymond Parks out of the hall.

He needs to be the next main one to get in there, Pearson is quoted as saying in the article.

Now, Im a life long Richard Petty fan, but Ive always had a healthy respect for Pearson. But the Silver Fox has impressed me beyond words with this gesture. Lets hope it gets through to the folks in charge at the HOF.

And if you see David at this weekends party for Mr. Parks, make sure you shake his hand and say thank you!

You can read the full article here .

updated by @brandon-reed: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
14 years ago
626 posts
David is first class and i am pulling for Raymond and all so Tim Flock
Mike Ray
@mike-ray
14 years ago
41 posts
Dear Brandon,I agree with David.Mr.Raymond Parks was on my original list to go into the H.O.F.I believe David will go into the hall this year now who else should get in the class of 2011.Lloyd Seay should be in but he passed before Nascar was born.Red Byron and Raymond where there from the beginning,the Flock's and so many greats that need to be in the hall.peace,out.
Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
14 years ago
209 posts
I believe that both of them should go in.Mr. Parks especially but then also David.They are both really deserving.
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
14 years ago
907 posts
That's really impressive on David's part, and I couldn't agree more, but it's tough to predict the mind-set of the NASCAR HOF crowd. Hopefully they'll make the right decision, and induct both.
Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
14 years ago
488 posts
David deserves to be there and I commend him for his comments. I'm all for Raymond Parks and Ray Fox to be inducted.
William Horrell
@william-horrell
14 years ago
175 posts
Kudos to Mr. Pearson. He don't say much but when he does talk he shoots you straight. Nice gesture David, I agree wholeheartedly about Mr. Parks being next except I think David should be right there with him.Your turn is coming David, you earned it!
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
14 years ago
279 posts
David and Raymond should be at the top of the list next year together for sure.
Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
14 years ago
226 posts
I agree , in fact he should have gone in this year instead of both Frances. Without Mr. Raymond funding France NASCAR might not have ever existed. Plus he fielded the first winning car. Read the book DRIVING WITH THE DEVIL to learn more. Mr. Parks is a true legend and a gracious gentleman. David should also be in soon , he is a class act and still loves racing.
Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
14 years ago
308 posts
The first class should have been Raymond Parks, Red Byron. Red Vogt, Bill France Sr. and any of the hundreds that was there in the beginning. But as always politics reared its ugly head and NASCAR had its way and only shamed the new hall of fame for a popular vote not a historical fact. They went for the new names to sell tickets and it backfired on them big time. Hint all the empty seats at the induction ceromony. Had it went with a different class I would have sold my soul for a seat. Others are right Pearson needs to go in the HOF next year he has always been a class act and always been nothing but great for the sport.
terlank
@terlank
14 years ago
7 posts
This HOF is like trying to pick between Roy Rogers and The Lone Ranger? And that leads me to wonder what will if anything will ever be mentioned about Tonto?
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
14 years ago
589 posts
My picks for Nascar Hof 20111.Raymond Parks2.Fireball Roberts3.Red Vogt4.Curtis Turner5.David Pearson
Jack Ewer
@jack-ewer
14 years ago
1 posts
David is definitely a class act. I know I'd surely love to see the "Godfather of NASCAR" a.k.a. Raymond Parks get what he deserves. I'd say not only did he flip the bill getting NASCAR started but also set the standard with the top notch sleek looking shiny new cars he had in there. Not only did they run good, they had to look the part as well. Not so surprising from a man who always dresses as well as he does, no matter what he was doing. My vote is also for another real class act, Raymond Parks!
Frank Craig
@frank-craig
14 years ago
71 posts
,David Pearson is right Mr Parks should have been in this year.Its a class move on Davids part.Thanks Mr. Pearson.
Michael W. Smith
@michael-w-smith
14 years ago
109 posts
They both need to be in asap so the foundation of the HOF can be built for all the rest of our legends. They are all very very special. W
Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
14 years ago
214 posts
David is 110% on. Raymond Parks should have been put in Third.ThanksHarlow ReynoldsLynchburg,Va.
Jay Sellers
@jay-sellers
14 years ago
65 posts
It's hard to just sit by and say you don't care because it's been mis used so much. Kind of like the Rock and Roll hall of fame.Some of the people who started it will never get in, and are all but forgotten except for the few who hold the sport so dear.Some will get in that should get an honorable mention, and some that should have already been in won't even get that.Yet another reason Racersreunion is so important.I think these days about the ones who lived it,and helped make it what it is today, and died with not much more than a nod, while watching some who followed them, learned from them, and even took credit for things they did, be slid into a place in history that they knew should have been theirs.
Rick Yarborough
@rick-yarborough
14 years ago
6 posts
Mr. Parks should have been put in the Nascar Hall of Fame last year, but for sure this year.
Don Nelson
@don-nelson
14 years ago
2 posts
David Pearson should have bend in the first one...A lot of People should be there NOW too..Why Did nascar have only 5 too start?.....I think the New HOF IS a Joke...............