Special Guests for Tuesday Night Racing Through History

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Just a "heads-up" for everyone so you'll know what's happening with the usual "Legendtorial" Segment of the Rodeo on Tuesday nights. Please note the following:

Tuesday, January 5, 2016: Movie Producer, Ken Moore, Producer of, among other movies, "A Race With Destiny" which concerns what was and what could have been in Augusta, Georgia. Ken will talk about a very special event coming up in Augusta on Friday evening, January 8, 2016.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016: Little Red Vogt, son of NASCAR pioneer and legend, Red Vogt. Red, as a teenager, was actually in the room at the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach when NASCAR was being formed. We'll get some inside perspective of those eventful meetings.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016: Bill Blair, Jr., who attended the very first Strictly Stock Racing in Charlotte in June of 1949, will tell us about that race, leading up to, during, and after the race. Also, as it is coming up on the anniversary of his fathers win in the 1953 Beach Race, we'll cover that as well. Bill is planning on taking that winning 1953 Oldsmobile to Daytona in February for the festivities.

I expect each one of these interviews to be outstanding, not because I'm doing them, but because the guests will be given the floor to tell the stories in their own words. A little trick I learned from Pete McCormack with HBO Canada. Much more interesting. I hope each of you will find time to listen and I hope you are going to enjoy the interviews as much as I have enjoyed talking to each of these individuals, at length, to set up these shows.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:57PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

As usual Tim, you pulling another great one out of that trick hat you have.

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
8 years ago
360 posts

Sounds great, Tim. Can't wait.

Vickie Moore Marsee
@vickie-moore-marsee
8 years ago
3 posts
Hi Tim it's Vickie, Ken's daughter and screenwriter of the movie. I'll be listening tonight and sure hope to see you in Augusta Friday. And please don't you let him go telling everyone on air I peed my pants over meeting Rixhard Petty cause that's just not true lol. Now the jumping up and down is all true. Have a great show and come see Augusta International Speedway: A Race With Destiny completely remastered and on the big screen, Lord I may be more excited than being in Richard Petty garage!!
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Vickie, I do plan to make the trip. Just worried about finding the theater and a place to park. But I will see you there!!!! Thanks for listening.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Yep, another hat trick. Happy New Year Mr. Mallonee!!!!

--

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Happy New Year Sandeep. Happy to see you.

--

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
8 years ago
360 posts

Happy New Year Tim.