HEY NASCAR, IS IT REALLY AS COMPLICATED AS YOUR PEA BRAINS MAKE IT?

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

saw the notes of a sports site this morning that NASCAR guru (whatever title NASCAR chooses to use this week), Steve O'Donnell, says that NASCAR is headed "back to the drawing boards" after the way Truex dominated the World 600 (Coke 600 to you less astute fans). Steve says they need to rework what they have done to prevent the leader from being able to dominate because of the clean air syndrome.

Steve, you don't need a "drawing board", you just need a history book. Go look at the cars of the 50s, 60s, and 70s, where the "aero push" and "dirty air" were not a determination. It's not that difficult, so why are allyou supposed "know it all" experts having such an issue with this? I guess Mr. Gump had it right when he said "Stupid is as stupid does" and Steve, you are proving that statement along with the rest of the NASCAR force.

History Book. Look at the pictures. Drawing Board? Not needed.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
8 years ago
907 posts

Right, Tim. The cars are so aero-dependent....that it's not an engineering problem.....it's LOGIC. If all the cars are the same, and all are changed equally, there is no net change....everything remains the same. Duh. No matter what is done, the car in the lead, gets more air....it's been proven and demonstrated over and over and over.....

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Hey, here's a stupid idea. Why not make them look like stock cars again?

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Dave, that is certainly NOT a stupid idea. I think I'll start a campaign to elect you as President of NASCAR. We could always rip off the Donald a bit and have caps made saying "Make NASCAR Great Again".

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
8 years ago
221 posts

Tim, then Dave have a huge gala to announce that he endorses your presidential campaign!

Devin
@devin
8 years ago
618 posts

YES, yes, yes, and yes! Right on, guys! What a cabinet there would be with members of RacersReunion making NASCAR great again!

doug dellinger
@doug-dellinger
8 years ago
28 posts

AMEN, DAVE !! ....Took the words right out of my mouth. NASCAR: N-ational A-ssociation of S-queaky C-lean A-uto R-acing.

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
8 years ago
360 posts

Amen Tim. They need to look at how the cars were until the 80s and take cues. I'm no engineer but I'm dead sure they need to get the noses up off the ground. It takes clean airflow to get the nose/splitter pinned down like that and it's plain as day that once you get behind a car, out goes that clean air and the nose starts to raise and push, wearing the front tires and so it starts.