Thanks Felix Sabates

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

I have more respect than ever for longtime NASCAR car owner Felix Sabates. He called a spade a spade over pro basketball cancelling Charlotte's scheduled 2017 hosting of the NBA All Star game because the state of North Carolina has a law preventing male goofballs and perverts from following females into our restrooms. As a Cuban imigrant who fled Castro's regime and became a multimillionaire while owning interests in several sports franchises, he was a trusted adviser to Bill France, Jr. when NASCAR was hitting on all eight cylinders. Kudos to you, Felix for standing up for the 99% who don't adhere to the politically correct BS being spouted by the 1% and expecting everybody else to swallow.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article91222937.html

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Now two questions demand an answer:

1) Since Felix Sabates is still a NASCAR Cup owner with Chip Ganassi of two Franchise teams and Brian France has publicly gone on record that NASCAR opposes the North Carolina bathroom law, will NASCAR fine Felix for publicly opposing NASCAR's position? They fine the drivers for speaking out. Personally, I don't think either Brian or NASCAR has the intestinal fortifude to take on Felix.

2) Will NASCAR follow the NBA's lead and move the NASCAR Hall of Fame down to Atlanta - who was so anxious to steal the All Star game from Charlotte - and let Georgia taxpayers foot the bill for that money loser?

Stay tuned.

--
Blane Moon
@blane-moon
8 years ago
113 posts

Just read his letter. Tell.it like It is Mr. Sabates!

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Amen!

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Here is a link to an outstanding 2014 Ryan McGee ESPN piece with photos about Felix:

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/10948041/nascar-felix-sabates-turned-cuban-dreams-american-success

--
jimmy helms
@jimmy-helms
8 years ago
2 posts

Thank you Felix for speaking out. I don't think we ever had a problem with where people went to the rest room until our Mayor made it a problem. I don't think she has any morals. Jimmy Helms

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Ditto, Jimmy. She's a first class, pandering rabble rouser.

--