Championship Conspiracy Theories Thread

Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
8 years ago
221 posts

Here's mine: NASCAR thinks having the third "7-time champ" will save their ratings.

updated by @alex-fl-racing-fan: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

You're probably right Alex, but here's mine. Giving Cousin Carl his first AND in a TOYOTA, serves a big purpose, including the yen to have cash passed to NASCAR.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
8 years ago
820 posts

just a quick question Tim, Did you have the yen to throw that pun in there, or does Nascar need a yen infusion to offset the empty seats.... lol....

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Bill, I did have the yen to throw that pun in there. I would say he devil made me do it, but she's hiding out in a basement in her New York mansion. As for the infusion to offset the empty seats, I just don't know.

I do know that Monster Energy is one of the front runners for the Cup Series sponsorship. I had never had a Monster until an event I did just before the 600 this year when Monster came around and gave us all a big can to drink. I drank mine and it tasted ok, was refreshing, but it didn't boost my energy. Got a second can and still didn't boost my energy. Hope it works for NASCAR.

Take care my friend and stay away from fires!!!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

I think NASCAR would be well served if a frst lap crash relegated the four Chase contenders to positions 37-40, forcing announcers to describe the race, not the Chase

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
8 years ago
820 posts

amen to that Dave, Make them start in the back and work for it....

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
8 years ago
907 posts

I think you're on to something, there, Alex!

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

If your old timers hasnt kicked in yet Bill then maybe you can remember the fastest car started in the rear and the slowest started on the pole. It made for a heck of a race and the fastest didnt always make it to the front. But the fans, well they usually didnt set down the entire race, but I guess all this is "memories"

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Our two heat races that determined (everywhere we raced) the feature starting lineup were staged on what was known as the "Money-Point System." Drivers who had won the most money and scored the most points started at the rear of their heat. There were no time trials.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

Seems like the old rules were the best all around, we ran up to 4 heat races and one consi -- sometimes tracks would have a trophy dash with top 5 battling it out for 5 laps. First time you showed up you sat on the pole but how you finished the nite told the tale on where you started next week. Man it was crowded back there . All this was scored by the car number,not the driver. Some would change the number regular but after awhile you ran out of numbers or the door got to heavy with all that repaint on it..

Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
8 years ago
221 posts

I sure as heck was! Three years in a row of this format I predicted the champion and the story line.

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
8 years ago
835 posts

Alex, the word that stood out to me in your conspiracy theory was "thinks". Well the way NASCAR thinks these days fans like me no longer matter to them. Growing up we raced mostly on Friday and Saturday nights, Sunday was going to church, am and pm. Then they thought folks like us mattered because the race would start shortly after noon so we could listen or watch the whole race and make it back to church in time to talk about it before services started. They now have a contrived format that does not crown a champion until the race is over and the race does not end until past church time in the south. That tells me folks like me no longer matter to them. When I got to church last night no one asked about the race, few even knew about it. I watched the first half of the race on and off but made no attempt to find out the results last night. I think that tells me I no longer care either.