Augusta International Raceway Street Names

Henry Jones
@henry-jones
13 years ago
31 posts

Most fans may not be aware of the Manchester Sub-Division being developed right next to the former Augusta International Raceway three mile road circuit. And, most fans may not be aware that the streets in this 700+ home development are being named for former drivers.

The AIRPS organizationwas asked toname these streets by the developer andstarted with those drivers successful at the road circuit, those drivers from the Augusta, Georgia area and those drivers successful on a Global basis.

So here is the list with the next street going in named for Augusta native Ted Tidwell and will be known as Ted Tidwell Lane. His streetwill be followed by Ken Miles Drive.

Additional streets will be added at some point in the future so be sure to discuss your choices with the AIRPS leadership.

updated by @henry-jones: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
13 years ago
626 posts

I second that idea.Without Henry AIRPS would not be on the map today as we no it.

Devin
@devin
13 years ago
618 posts

I would like to give a third! How many streets are yet to be named?

Leon Phillips said:

I second that idea. With out Henry AIRPS would not be on the map today as we no it
Henry Jones
@henry-jones
13 years ago
31 posts

You and the others are so kind. And, with my continued communications with Sherry MacDonald (Her husband Dave has a street) she asked about you often.

Hope to see you and others soon as retirement has finally arrived and a move to Savannah in July.

Good Racing!