ONCE APON A TIME THERE WAS THIS KID THAT-------------------

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts

Sound kinda familiar ? Well it happened in living color at Daytona in the Woods Brothers car,that had a familiar look to it, it even had a an older driver hanging around with the kid by the name of David Pearson. Yup it was just like in the movies,or something that was wrote years ago by some dreamer. Enough said ,he followed instructions to the T and even moved around on the track like Neal would do..

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
13 years ago
589 posts

I think I was more excited than he was. I was sorry that Stewart or Ragan didn't win....but on the other hand, I am probably more excited for Trevor! It was the Wood's 98th career win as a team and Ford's 600th win! I only can hope that now they will have the funds to run the full season!!

GO #21

-Cody

Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
13 years ago
279 posts
I'm so proud of the Wood Boys and Trevor Bayne. Us Ford guys had a lot to cheer about today.
Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
13 years ago
181 posts
I was there and happy for Trevor and the Woods Brothers team. Today was like a fairy tale and it couldn't have happened to a nicer kid or a more deserving team than the Woods - they have been there since the beginning............through thick and thin. I remember the glory days when David Pearson and Cale Yarbrough drove that car - and this one has been a long time coming. Congratulations to them all.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts
Robbie you are so flamboyant with your words. A true connoisseur of the Epitaph.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts

A photo worth framing---if I could

Richard Guido
@richard-guido
13 years ago
238 posts

Congratulations to the Wood Brothers and Trevor. He ran up front all day. There were several dark horses that looked good in this event.

It will be interesting to see how this season plays out for Trevor since he is signed up for NNS points. One would think that a sponsor or two will take a good lookat this team after sunday's win.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
13 years ago
3,119 posts

Being the quinessential Petty fan all my life, I can't remember ever cheering for a good finish for the Wood Brothers number 21. Yesterday was different. I was on the edge of my chair that last lap yelling for that kid to protect the bottom and go! Did he ever!!! Watched every second of the Victory ceremony. What a breath of fresh air, what a great climax to a much better than average Daytona 500. Granted there have been on race wonders, Daytona 500 winners who didn't go much farther in their racing efforts, but when you have a kid who answers his radio instructions "yes sir", then you have to believe the best is yet to come. He said a prayer during the parada laps, he said in Victory Lane, so now it's time for all of us to say one for him. Be sure to mention, in that prayer, "do not let the money monsters and mega monsters enter your life Trevor". Man, it felt good yesterday.

Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Wayne Sulteen
@wayne-sulteen
13 years ago
7 posts
Sometime the Racing Gods allow Magic to Happen, Yesterday was one of those days, The Woods #21 in Victory Circle........
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
13 years ago
3,119 posts

Exactly. It was a Wood Brothers car in Victory Lane. My point is that I have matured enough to respect achievement and stellar accomplishment by more than just Petty Enterprises. Without realizing it, The Wood Brothers operation was as big a part of my life back then as Petty Enterprises. Going further, so was the Ned Jarrett, Bobby Allison, Rex White, Fireball Roberts and so many others I watched race throughout those years. If I could go back, I wouldn't want to change my unquestioned loyalty to Richard Petty, but I would should love to be able to embrace all the wonderful teams that made up the sport back in the day.

Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
13 years ago
589 posts
Do you think since he's only run one race, he could switch the points? I could understand if he wanted to switch points in mid-season and wouldn't let him, but I think they could maybe get rid of Nationwide points and sign-up for cup. Don't You?

Richard Guido said:

Congratulations to the Wood Brothers and Trevor. He ran up front all day. There were several dark horses that looked good in this event.

It will be interesting to see how this season plays out for Trevor since he is signed up for NNS points. One would think that a sponsor or two will take a good lookat this team after sunday's win.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts
easy there now patty
Richard Guido
@richard-guido
13 years ago
238 posts

We also need to see the 43 in victory lane ....

Richard Guido
@richard-guido
13 years ago
238 posts
Cody, if that happens there will be a real controversy. This scenario will come up. I like to see Trevor get Cup points but think that NASCAR is going to hold the line and not let them do that.

Cody Dinsmore said:
Do you think since he's only run one race, he could switch the points? I could understand if he wanted to switch points in mid-season and wouldn't let him, but I think they could maybe get rid of Nationwide points and sign-up for cup. Don't You?

Richard Guido said:

Richard Guido
@richard-guido
13 years ago
238 posts

Tevor's CUP points will not be an issue. Posted awards and points have none listed for Bayne.

It will be interesting to see what this kid does in the next few years.

Terry3
@terry3
13 years ago
1 posts
It was so great to see this team in the winners circle.I've been a Wood Brothers fan for ever.Somebody ask who your fav.driver is I just tell em who ever is in the Wood Bros. car.I've met some of the people that own and help build these cars when I visited the shop in Va.Your #1 in my book hope to see you all upfront more! Congrats!!!
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts
There are over 310 million people in our country. Of all those millions of people, only 43 individuals can say they participated in the 2011 Daytona 500. Of that, only one of them can say they won it, and he turned only 20 on Saturday. You cant ask for much better than that.