Great trip to Florida

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
9 years ago
820 posts

Just got home fromthe annual Modified Racers Reunion trip to New Smyrna Speedway and the turn out was good even with the cold weather. Got to spend quality time with several good friends like Bill Wimble and Jack Anderson. Hank Goodrich was there with the Marty Robbins 777 and the M2 Fish Carburetor car. Hankasked me to drive the M2 Friday night before the Richie Evans Memorial race but had to turn him down as Idid not take any gear with me. It was good to see my old#20 car take the track once again... All in all a great trip even with the snow I now have to shovel here in N. Georgia..

updated by @bill-mcpeek: 12/05/16 04:09:31PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

Wish we could have been in the same place at the same time Bill. Maybe soon.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
9 years ago
820 posts

we will Tim, I'll make it happen ...so glad you had a good time.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

I cannot believe the three of us were there but never seen each other..

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
9 years ago
820 posts

Johnny, I didn't make it down until Tuesday so I missed the Beach deal but spent Friday at New Smyrna. Really enjoyed the reunion and watching the super late models. It was amazing to watch how 14 yr. old Harrison Burton got around that track. He is someone to watch...

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

we gotta plan better