All Tec Raceway in Ellisville Fla

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

Could this be a trend of the future? Its a great way to reconnect to the old way . A 1/2 mile going back to dirt Displaying GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:09:31PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
9 years ago
820 posts

Johnny, This was a wonderful track. It was in fact my favorite place to run. It was similar in banking and layout to New Smyrna and both were owned by RobertHart. I don't know what it was about the track but I never went there where I wasn't really hooked up right off the trailer... The track was originally a dirt track when in opened as North Florida raceway in the mid 1970's if memory serves me correctly. It was paved in the late 1980's and was called Gateway National Raceway Park.. Up until 2014 when it closed it was called Columbia County Speedway. I really enjoyed running there as recently as 2013. Its about 12-14 miles south of Lake City and is about 10 miles from North Florida Speedway which is a 3/8 mile dirt track.. I wish them the best in the re-modeling and updating...

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
9 years ago
907 posts

OK! Dirt's for racing! The passion of NASCAR/pavement racing is now found on dirt. Those fans that Daytona deemed "replaceable" did not abandon auto racing, but they did shift venues. It's coast-to-coast, it has star power, excitement, and passion.........and NASCAR ain't got one thing to do with it. They've forevermore lost that battle.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

Bobby now that makes sense. maybe people are finally understanding that the true ride is in the slide.