Looking for some ole school parts help from ole school guys

Zachariah Frederick
@zachariah-frederick
11 years ago
5 posts

Got brake drums on the 36' Ford but it's got a Chevy drivetrain. Need new drums and these are marked as Ruskin FLA RH-100 and I cant find any cross reference anywhere. Its a wide 5 hub.

updated by @zachariah-frederick: 08/06/18 12:11:36PM
Zachariah Frederick
@zachariah-frederick
11 years ago
5 posts

Looks like a conversion to disc it is I guess

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

sounds like to me its the safer way to go. Even if you found a set its unlikely they would be in good serviceable condition and when a problem came up no parts would be available. Good luck with what ever you do...

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

When I came along, everybody in the 60s and early 70s was running a Frankland Quick Change Rear in weekly racing. Made it very easy when we ran quarter-mile Wake County on Friday night and half-mile Wilson on Saturday.

Frankland wound up in deep guano in Federal Tax Court. Reading the case is extremely interesting, if tedious. The names of many famous racers like Will Cagle , Buzzie Reutimann , etc. and many renowned speed shops doing business with Frankland are in the minutes of the Federal Judge's ruling regarding hidden accounts and payments under the table. There were secret cash payments payments made on airport runways to Frankland reps diverting money in the wake of Frankland's marital problems. See link below:

http://www.leagle.com/decision/198771153eotcm658_1567

Our member TMC-Chase, a bean counter of some notoriety, should find the case law very revealing both from a tax and accounting stand point as well as from a racing stand point.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Charles Ray Stocks
@charles-ray-stocks
11 years ago
222 posts

there is a possibility there may be some frankland parts in raleigh nc next month at the auction and swap meet during the raleigh racers reunion

paul crawford
@paul-crawford
11 years ago
64 posts

frankland rear ends are made locally to me , current owner of frankland racing is a name you guys should have heard of, ed ferree, id seriously contact them as you never know what they still may have or can retro fit to their rear ends.naturally being racers they do want to help if they can.

http://www.franklandracing.com/

Zachariah Frederick
@zachariah-frederick
11 years ago
5 posts

I've got the frankland rear on it now. It just feels like I have no pressure. The calipers move out but I think between the drums and pads its just to much and there is some warping there to. New calipers and master cylinders and a lot of bleeding. I will give Frankland a call and see what they say.

paul crawford
@paul-crawford
11 years ago
64 posts

I think you must also run a residual pressure valve when using drums..keeps the shoes close to drum instead of retracting all the way

Zachariah Frederick
@zachariah-frederick
11 years ago
5 posts

Never even knew about that. Just ordered two of them. I am looking at doing a Wilwood Superlites disc conversion. looks like I can do it for about $500 a wheel. Still pricey but better then those kits out there

paul crawford
@paul-crawford
11 years ago
64 posts

frankland help you out ?

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

Even a quick scan of the schemes detailed in that case would make an auditor, lawyer and forensics guy salivate with excitement. Desperate financial moves made to keep a business afloat are often head-shakers in their own right. But mix in an "I'll show that battle-ax. Just watch me." attitude, and you can bet the scam is over before it really gets going.

I've often said if folks could put their deviant creativity to positive use, this nation could cure just about any woe it faces.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.