Trivia/Fantasy Game 2013: Brand New

Tony20Fan
@tony20fan
12 years ago
25 posts
Hey Everyone, it's Tony20Fan here! Or known as Michael! I know I've been gone for awhile, and so I wanted to come back to this site! I've missed it so much, and I've missed all of you. So here's the deal, I want to bring a new trivia/fantasy game to this site in Feb! Starting in the paragraph below, it's going to be all explained for you. If you want to join, say so as a comment below. Any questions, message me. Thanks. Read below:
This is a game that is being brought over to this site in 2013 for the first time! It is already on several sites ( http://nascarnation.us and http://nascar.com ), and we are expanding it to get more players in on the fun. This game has been running strong for over 10 years now, and we're looking to keep it going!

Here is the way this game works:

RULES:
  • Each race week, there will be a "Round" posted as a thread here. A Round consists of 3 Trivia questions, along with one Fantasy prediction of who will finish 1st and 2nd in the race.
  • Players earn points over the season based on how many of the questions/predictions they got right. Accumulate the most points to win!
  • Your answers/picks must be submitted before the deadline (usually half-an-hour before the green flag) each race week.
  • There will be 3 segments, of 12 rounds each. There will be a total of 3 winners crowned. We need 3 hosts. If you want to host or are thinking of maybe, then LET ME KNOW! or say so below. I'm trying to get as many different people as possible, and I promise it would be an experience you wouldn't forget.
  • Each of the 3 Trivia questions is worth 5 points.
  • The Fantasy prediction (who you think will finish 1st and 2nd in that weekend's race) is worth however many points those two drivers earned in the real-life race (i.e. 2nd place gets 42 points, 3rd gets 41, etc.). The maximum points you can get in this category is 91.
  • Whoever earns the most points from those combined two categories earns an extra 5 bonus points. These 5 bonus points are called a "win".
  • These four categories makes the maximum possible points 111.

The reason this is being posted so early is so that we can get an approximate estimation of how many players will join. If you have any additional questions about this game or how it works, just post here or message me and I will get to you as soon as possible. If you want to play this game in 2013 (don't worry, we'll remind you again in February so you don't forget), please say so in the posts below. This will help us greatly about what to expect for this upcoming year.

Thanks, we hope to see you play with us in 2013!
Tony20Fan.

updated by @tony20fan: 12/05/16 04:10:12PM
Jacob Behrman
@jacob-behrman
12 years ago
9 posts

I help Michael manage this game, and just to let you all know, we already have 15 players committed to playing this game next year over the sites we have. Not bad for November!

Jacob Behrman
@jacob-behrman
12 years ago
9 posts

There are awards to each of the winners (Champion, Most Wins, Most Encouraging/Enthusiastic). Each of them will recieve a special winner's plaque posted on their page.

Also, not everything needs to have money to be fun. Although, if you want to throw in $25-$50 or so for the winners, that would be fine by me! ;)

And this game isn't as hard as it looks. We give you several sites that have answers on them, and most of the questions are very easy. They can be found on the home page of Jayski.com most of the time. All you have to do is log on, give us your answers, and we do the rest!

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

You sound like my late dad. He won $7500 in a poker game on the island of Guadalcanal in the Souith Pacific during World War II. He sent the money home to Virginia, mom bought a house they lived in for 54 years, and dad never played another hand of poker.

Y'all have fun with the game though. Have never played one. Usually the rules sound more complicated than NASCAR's.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
12 years ago
4,073 posts

He knew when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. He knew when to walk away and when to run. LOL

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
12 years ago
820 posts

Don't think I'll play......Kinda hard to collect if all you have is an internet handle..lol

Tony20Fan
@tony20fan
12 years ago
25 posts

I don't know. I thought it was worth a shot. I wanted to give everyone a fair shot, because you know, you just never know. You can't predict things in advance, and like I said, I thought I'd give it a try. Why not, right?

Max Plummer
@max-plummer
12 years ago
89 posts

Google has raised my intelligence to genius.