A SAYING THAT suits Racers Reunion

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

As we get a little older and most cut their teeth on the dirt tracks this lets the others ease in to the true life of a racers racer..Above all remember your roots

A few may have their own venue to post here so others can feel the true feeling

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:10:12PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

That would have been a worthy opening line for the late Charles Kuralt's "On the Road" series for CBS Television.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Johnny, I feel so fortunate to have run my first race on the dirt surface at Columbia Speedway. As we started the Columbia Speedway reunions, I couldn't help but feel the history all around me from all those nights spent there watching races on dirt. The dirt surfaces of Columbia, Savannah, Newberry, Batesburg-Leesville and other tracks I don't even remember now, were all the races I saw until my first trip to Darlington in 1957. Even after Darlington, every where else I went to races were dirt tracks. To be a fan and never have seen a dirt race is a big loss. To be a racer and to never have run dirt leaves much to be desired and sought.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.