Name these drivers

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
15 years ago
1,783 posts

Photo provided by Peanut Turman from the Louise Smith Collection. Most likely 1946...possibly Spartanburg. Front Row L - R: Fred Mahon, Ed Samples, Wally Marks, Alvin Hawkins, Bob Flock, Buddy Shuman, Jack Ethridge, Cannonball BrownBack row L - R: _________, Skimp Hersey, _________, Red Byron, Red Vogt, _______, ______, ________, ________, _________Can you help fill in the blanks?

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 12/03/16 05:48:31PM
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
15 years ago
1,783 posts
Bill Mangum brought this to me....from Peanut. It is also posted in our vintage gallery. I thought this would be a good challenge for some old(er) heads.

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
15 years ago
1,783 posts
I'm waiting for Jim Streeter to chime in here.

--
Jim Streeter
@jim-streeter
15 years ago
242 posts
The only thing I recognize is that the vent behind the hood is open on the Ford Coupe on the left. LOL
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
15 years ago
1,783 posts
Lol, Jim...you would notice that wouldn't you. Jim Streeter said:
The only thing I recognize is that the vent behind the hood is open on the Ford Coupe on the left. LOL

--
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
15 years ago
1,783 posts
You're right, Legend...they do favor the Flocks. We need to do some further investigation. Tim Leeming said:
Last row, last two guys on the right, look like young Fonty and Tim Flock. That was, however, slighty BEFORE my time!

--
Jim Streeter
@jim-streeter
15 years ago
242 posts
I never saw Fonty get that dirty. He was always dressed in style. In fact he had the guts to wear Bermuda Shorts before any of us.
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
15 years ago
626 posts
Man i`ll tell you what thats Vintage R R all the way first class Can`t name any names but I like the Pitcher
Jamie Jay Starks
@jamie-jay-starks
15 years ago
7 posts
To the right of Red Vogt is Bob Osiecki & to his right wearing the two-tone helmet is Johnny Rodgers. Hope that helps.
Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
15 years ago
488 posts
The coupe on the left is probably a Raymond Parks `39 Ford Standard coupe around 1947-48 and is probably Reb Byron's car by the look of the number #2 on the right headlight..giving the other side carried a 2 (#22).
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
15 years ago
1,783 posts
Both Reds (Byron and Vogt) are identified in the pic....(see the caption) Peanut says 46 is the year.

--