Floyd Powell

Scott6
@scott6
15 years ago
3 posts
Anyone have any pictures of Floyd Powell's blue # 82 ford that ran at Greenville-Pickens Speedway back in the early to mid sixties? Thanks, Scott
updated by @scott6: 12/03/16 05:48:11PM
William Ronnie Nodine
@william-ronnie-nodine
15 years ago
8 posts
Scott, I have some pictures of the( BLUE ANGEL) # 82 if you are interested.Thanks,Ronnie
mark steven brown
@mark-steven-brown
15 years ago
3 posts
Scott, I have some pictures of the blue # 82 probley the same one's Ronnie has. I also own the biue 1937Ford Floyd ran at Greenville-Pickens Speedway
Scott6
@scott6
15 years ago
3 posts
Mark, thanks so much for your reply. Would it be possible to get a few copies of your pictures ? Floyd was my idol when I was about 8 years old. My dad and I watched him run at Greenville-Pickens Speedway. He would let me sit in the car. We would stop by his shop beside his house off of Hwy 221 in Cherokee Springs and watch him work on the " Blue Streak" as it was known back then. This August 23rd, Floyd has been gone 46 years. My email address is art301s@aol.com. Thanks, Scott
Scott6
@scott6
15 years ago
3 posts
Ronnie, thanks for your reply. Would it be possible to get copies of a few of your pictures? I"m contacting Mark also, he owns # 82. Thanks, Scott
William Ronnie Nodine
@william-ronnie-nodine
15 years ago
8 posts
Hi Scott,Yes,you can get copies of my pictures.Mark is a friend of mine and we have shared pictures of Floyds # 82. Do you still live in the Spartanburg,S.C.area.Thanks,Ronnie
William Ronnie Nodine
@william-ronnie-nodine
15 years ago
8 posts
Hi Mark,How are you doing. Did you get to go to Hillsboro,N.C. for there reunion!!!!I sent Scott a reply on the pictures. I will talk to you soon.Thanks, Ronnie
mark steven brown
@mark-steven-brown
15 years ago
3 posts
Ronnie I am doing fine.I did get to go Hillsboro, N.C. for there reunion. It was a little biger than columbia and it was a 4 hour drive but a friend Wendale Turner and I had a good time. I talked with Scott and told him I would get him some copies of the pictures I have. Give me a call some time. thanks, Mark
Tommy Creswell
@tommy-creswell
14 years ago
1 posts
MR. Brown my name is Tommy Creswell and i have been trying to find out what happen to the Powell car. I attended the auction when it was sold . I sold Ronnie a rear end for the car . May i ask if the car is been restored or is it possibly for sale? mark steven brown said:
Scott, I have some pictures of the blue # 82 probley the same one's Ronnie has. I also own the biue 1937Ford Floyd ran at Greenville-Pickens Speedway
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
After reading exchanges such as these on this site, it makes me smile to know that it has helped someone get info or pictures of their hero from back in the day. To me that just gives me all the more reason to continue with what little input I can add to this site and to further add to the archives of this great society my hero "Jeff Gilder" has created.. all the more reason for greater -----------------------------------memories