Early Group Accounts with Distorted Photo Sizes

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
7 years ago
1,783 posts

I finally have an update on this issue. For those who may not have encountered it yet...some of the groups (clubs) that were created in 2008 & 2009...possibly a few after that did not "import well" into the new site. The newer groups imported very well. In the older groups (due to an early version of the old ning site) the site did not adjust photos sizes upon upload. Although they looked ok on the ning site, that has caused an issue on this site. The enlarged photos encroach on the comment space and move the edit (gear wheel) out of site. It makes the some of the group comments impossible to read.

Here's the good news...there's a fix. Here's the bad news...it ain't an easy one. The fine support folks at JamRoom have come up with  away to correct them...and it goes like this:

The photos are too large and they are pushing the quote/modify/delete buttons over to the right, but what needs to be done is change the images width size, to do that you'll need the comment ID and to get that you'll want to right click on one of the images that is too large, then click Inspect Element and look for this code.

<div id= "bc102606"  style= "position: absolute; top: 5px; right: 0px; display: none;" ></div>

The comment update link is what you want to copy and can be found inside the div above.

It will look something like this:

http: //racersreunion.com/comment/update/id=102606

To be able to do this you will need group or site admin access. Don't worry...I don't expect ya'll to
tackle this...I'll get to them all eventually.
What I would like is for you to list the groups with problems here on this post...so I have a
place to start .

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 03/29/17 05:43:31PM
Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
7 years ago
560 posts

Jeff,

How do you use the right-click on an android tablet?

updated by @dennis-garrett: 03/30/17 06:31:54AM
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
7 years ago
1,783 posts

[quote="Dennis Garrett"]

Jeff,

How do you use the right-click on an android tablet?

[/quote]

I have no idea, Dennis. I'm not a tablet user. 

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®