FOUND A HONEY IN A FIELD

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

This 1952 Hudson Hornet 7B is a caged Twin-H car that the seller found in a pine grove in Iowa. He says that the 308-inch flathead runs even though fuel and coolant hoses and battery are not installed in the photos. A search for the Nordic Speedway on the front fenders reveals that it is now called the Upper Iowa Speedway in Decorah, IA. Find it here on eBay in Glencoe, Minnesota.! More photos if you want to see them . Why do I see this setting outside the local Auto Parts House in Shallotte NC

Current top bid is $1775.00

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 08/06/18 09:10:56PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Awesome!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

You may just see this car in Shallotte!! JM LOL

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

sure would make my day

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

A few more shots of the Hudson:

Clarksville Diner is located in Decorah, Iowa. On May 07, 2002, the National Park Service certified Clarksville Diner as a national historic site, and assigned it the reference number 93001356.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

The story of the Hudson's last sponsor:

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Another story about the owner of the Hudson's Clarksville Diner sponsor carried this line about the diner owner:

Im kind of half and half. I like going to art galleries, and I like going to stock car races, he said.

Since the Clarksville Diner sponsored the Hudson, it has been sold to a French television station and moved to France!

Wonder what that Hudson would look like on a French oval?

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Clarksville Diner

Originally located in Clarksville, New Jersey until its purchase by Gordon Tindall in late 1980s and transport to Decorah, Iowa. Lovingly restored and put back into service by Tindall, even after a car slammed into it during the restoration. Despite positive write-ups and its placement on the National HIstoric Register, Gordon closed the diner and sold it to a French television network in 1999. Diner was subsequently de-listed -- first ever to have that happen to a diner.

Photos byChristian LEMONCHOIS

If your sponsor ever got sold to a French television station.... you might be a....

--
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

Wonder if Shallotte NC has a Diner to sponsor the Hudson. with it setting out front Doc Hudson would be a keeper

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Ok, Johnny... I found a diner in Shallotte. Next move is Bopper's!

--
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
10 years ago
3,259 posts

as he said on tues nites show dont be surprised if it showed up in Shallotte