Dirt Track Available

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
12 years ago
907 posts

Dublin Motor Speedway, 4/10 mile dirt track near Fayetteville, NC is available for lease for the 2012 season. http://www.dublinspeedway.net/

updated by @bobby-williamson: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Frank Hager
@frank-hager
12 years ago
32 posts

There ya' go Bobby, a business venture opportunity.

Weekly vintage car racing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
12 years ago
907 posts

Like the way you think, Frank!

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
12 years ago
488 posts

The question is...would anyone be interested in a "Racing Country Club" or Co-op? Let's get a group together to lease the track, strength in numbers. This is something that is feasible and would satisfy that curiosity that many of us have pondered "I bet I could run a race track."

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
12 years ago
907 posts

Jim the idea could work! It's totally new and uncharted territory, Lots of details to solve, but it could work. One thing's for sure, but the age-old racing 'business model' has sure created a lot of ghost tracks.

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
12 years ago
488 posts

In a case of a Co-Op there would have to be a month to month lease, none of this yearly lease agreements, not with something that big. I would bet that this is going on somewhere, it may be new to us but it has to be working someplace.

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
12 years ago
488 posts

It would have been a snap for Michael W. Smith.

I wish there were more like him around. I know that a Co-Operative or Co-Operate, whichever you want to call it, would work but it would take a lot of trust, loyalty and dedication from the Co-op, In other words Cooperation.