GOT A QUESTION FOR YOU IN THE KNOW HERE ON "SCRR"

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

the down hill side of this year is upon us and a few drivers may or may not have their seats attached for next year----yet.

Point being is this, Where will Ryan Newman be at in Feb.2013.

With Tony

With Richard petty

With Penske

With ???

I asked the question-- now all y'all answer or at least tell your take on this please..

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Carol Bell
@carol-bell
12 years ago
36 posts

It wouldn't surprise me if Newman stays SHR. As we get closer to Richmond, the field of free agents is going to be huge. It may prove more prudent to secure something earlier than later.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

Carol,

I'm inclined to agree with your statement. Wouldn't surprise me either for Ryan to stay put.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

In my Wrangler days, our prime consideration when we began our sponsorship was to find a solid team. Our view at the time was that there were only a very few good solid teams around, but many solid drivers.

If you inked a sponsorship deal with a really good team, you could pretty well have your choice of drivers. Funny how it came to be that our Wrangler sponsorship was much more identified with the driver, Dale Earnhardt than with any of the three different teams we backed (2 different times at RCR) between 1980-1987.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"