HOW MANY WINS DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR RACING CAREER

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Think about this now, In you racing career how many wins have you racked up? Ten,twenty five or maybe a hundred ,sounds like a lot. I managed twenty two in my career so far. Now im talking about feature wins. Wonder how many Dale Earnhardt has or even ole DW,some say he was a terror in his day. Now im going to throw a little wrinkle in the quiz, what about mostly on short tracks and most of those are dirt . Jeff probably has a small bag of wins I bet and so has Billy Scott.

Anyone think of a driver that has over a hundred? Five hundred?? Ok here is the kicker, this one driver I know and ran against, A little side step here now,I was in N.Ga one nite with our dirt modified trying to get a grip on this dirt track that was almost like a bowl. It was high banked and sticky as glue till you got out of shape then it was like oil on pavement.

This driver walked over and started talking to my dad while I was out on the track. When I came in he set in to telling me the hows and whats of getting round that bowl. You know what?? It was a no brainer after his pep talk ,and a little work done on the car.

He won that nite with Friday Hassler second and me fifth,but that was as good as winning.

Now back to the story at hand. Bet ya got it pegged on who im talking about right? There is a Write up here on R/R about him by Brandon Reed. You see Buck Simmons has not only a 1,000 feature wins but more just before his passing. The man loved to race and win,not for the money but for the win. OVER 1,000 wins can you believe that?? Does anyone know of another driver massing this many wins in a lifetime on short tracks? Here is a photo of a tribute car built by Jerry Williams and somewhere I have a photo of Buck standing by this car.

10 - Braselton Ga - 41 Jerry Williams_ - 07312010.jpg

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
12 years ago
820 posts

I know Eddie McDonald has 700 plus wins in his long and great career.... Me, Myself have 7 wins before I started running just vintage races and I have 84 there. Big time eh? lol....By the way I believe I have run against the car in photo at Columbia County Speedway on asphalt and also at North Florida Speedway on Dirt. By the way the photo loaded fine for me.

Jerry Williams2
@jerry-williams2
12 years ago
17 posts

Buck went to Cordele's Watermelon Captial Speedway with me the first year I built the tribute 32 ford. Eddie McDonald was there and came over to our pits when he heard Buck was there and they had a good time talking about days gone by. After a time of re-living memories Buck told Eddie to come and look at the front end of my 41 car. Eddie looked at it and asked what was special about it, Buck replied "nothing, I just wanted you to see the front cause all you ever saw was the a$$ end pulling away. Eddie was a good sport and we all had a good laugh .

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
12 years ago
820 posts

Jerry, When you have as many wins as they have you dont need to get too excited.lol...You did a masterful job on the car. It looks great. By the way, Are you and some of the Ga. boys planning on coming down to run with us Sept. 15th At North Florida Speedway, I heard Richard Smi?