Johanna Long Looked Terrific at Richmond

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

How about that run Johanna Long made in Friday night's Nationwide race at Richmond?

Qualified 8th and just outdrove a bunch of good ole boys and a another gal right up to 5th place before the first round of pit stops. I was hoping and praying that maybe some top flight Cup crew would suddenly appear in her pits and get her back out quickly. Alas, she was no longer even in the top-10 after the stop and just plain wore out her stuff trying to get back to the front.

What poise she showed in her garage interview. That lady is a RACER with capital letters. Let's get her some pit stop help, please.

Johanna Long leads a pack off the corner at Richmond on Friday night - Chris Graythen/Getty Images

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 03/10/17 04:49:01AM
Randy Myers2
@randy-myers2
12 years ago
219 posts

And what about the whiney comments from little Denny after she left him in the dust? Crybaby cup stars.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

You're right, Randy... he sure did do a serious bleep... bleep... bleep... crybaby routine.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
DONALD L. EVANS
@donald-l-evans
12 years ago
25 posts

It's really a shame that she can't attract a top notch team to drive for. She showed she can get the job done and it pleased me to see her pass cry baby Hamlin. She has earned her way andI believe more talented than Danica Patrick who can't stay out of her on way at times.Here's one guy wishing for the best forJohanna Long.

david earnhardt
@david-earnhardt
12 years ago
112 posts

yeah its a shame she cant be a go daddy girl - she does need a pit crew - ol sue patrick turned in another top thirty performance - finished 29th - go go go daddy for the marketing machine - is this really the driver there going to take to cup next year - i hope johanna gets a better crew and puts in some good runs - she was impressive driving that car .

Dante Paganucci
@dante-paganucci
12 years ago
3 posts

ML Motorsports only has seven permanent employees. During a pit stop, they only have 4 (on some occassion 5) individuals that go over the wall, where the funded teams have 6, thus the increased time for a pit stop. With that stated, your reference to those personnel as "inept buffoons" is off based and shows a lack of truly watching this team and there performance since the begining of the year.

Dante Paganucci
@dante-paganucci
12 years ago
3 posts

Actually, she got more this race than any others before.ESPNtalked about a tweet from Jeff Burton supporting her efforts, comments from Denny Hamlin when she "moved" him out of the way for fourth and about the size of the team and the pitstop issue. Good article below:

http://www.frontstretch.com/pallaway/41456/

david earnhardt
@david-earnhardt
12 years ago
112 posts

for jimmy johnson - i couldnt agree more with you sir - well said .

david earnhardt
@david-earnhardt
12 years ago
112 posts

for dante - it would be nice if jeff burton or another cup team would pit her car for her - that would be awesome - thanks for the article .

Dante Paganucci
@dante-paganucci
12 years ago
3 posts

I do agree with Jimmy about the Danica coverage.Danica is doing double dutyat Chicago this weekend. I would love to see exactly how much air time she gets compared to anyone else in either race.