Daytona 500 National Anthem Performer Announced

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Well, I have no opinion at all on this one. Being the old fogey that I am, I have neither heard nor heard of these folks. I just hope and pray they don't desecrate our National Anthem. Maybe those Georgians Cody, Johnny, Tommie and PattyKay know this guy.

Zac Brown Band to peform at Daytona 500
January 29, 2013

The Zac Brown Band will be performing at the Budweiser Pre-Race show leading up to the race at Daytona International Speedway on Sunday, Feb 24.

Zac Brown Band will perform several songs prior to the start of the 55th annual Daytona 500. Zac Brown Band member and Southern Ground recording artist Clay Cook will sing the National Anthem.

Its a milestone moment for the band and they are excited. Brown grew up in Georgia where the Daytona 500 is as big as the Super Bowl. Maybe bigger.

It was always the big sporting event, Brown said. Anytime there was major championships or major races, they were usually on TV. They were usually a part of what was going on when we were all hanging out together.

All race fans that purchase a Pre-Race/Sprint FANZONE access pass for the Daytona 500 will be able to enjoy Zac Brown Bands Daytona 500 Budweiser Pre-Race Show, as well as driver introductions, from the grass tri-oval area.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

You could always go down to Daytona and lip synch to Beyonce's Presidential Inaugural version!

--
Billy Kingsley
@billy-kingsley
11 years ago
30 posts

They are normally pretty good...hopefully they do a good job!

I'm still trying to figure out how the "Solid Gold TRIO" had 5 people in it at one of the races last year...

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

I am thinking that since we promote history, sometime or another we ought to dip back into the 60s and get the original members of a particular group together to perform at one of the Beach Tracks - Daytona, Myrtle, Langley, etc.

While my adopted hometown of Wilson, NC was bringing us superb dirt track racing and world famous cue, it also brought us a band that performed one of the reknowned male national anthems.

I am talking about Wilson's O'Kaysions , who in 1968 had " I'm a Girl Watcher " on the national charts.

Maybe ole brother Jeff could round 'em up and we could have a stag night, while our female members do their nails or something. Whatta ya think boys?

Should we start lining up the young ladies, Jeff?

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Now ya done gone and made me think of Freddie Hart with all that hanging talk!

--
Billy Kingsley
@billy-kingsley
11 years ago
30 posts

Hah!! Good one. :)

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
11 years ago
1,783 posts

I do love the way you think brutha Dave!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Hope he was good at it!!

Too funny, Jimmy!

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Remember when Pepsi came out with those big glass pint bottles in the late 60s that they advertised as "Half Quart" bottles, which, of course, they were, since there are two pints in a quart, duh. Guess they were afraid the big bottles would be perceived as fattening, so they came out with their Girl Watching ad campaign and Diet Pepsi:

--
David Daniels
@david-daniels
11 years ago
16 posts

The lady shots are great! Appreciate them. The Zac Brown Band should nail our national anthem perfectly. Great vocal harmonies to boot.