SHORT TRACK Racing is really having a time

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

Short track racing is really having a time lately. I found a photo of one such track in South east Ga. yes they are scrambling on how to correct the problem.. Look at the attached photo and you will see the problem. See it?? Not enough parking for the haulers and fans are getting needed exercise too having to walk to the stands,or the pits. But if you look close you might just see transportation for our seniors and handicapped to their choice seating.

Yes life is hard in short track racing on DIRT,plenty of competition abounds..................!

Screven Motor Sports Complex

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:09:31PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Johnny, kinda reminds me of how it was at Bristol once the teams started using the big rigs. They couldn't get inside the track and had to park the rigs down the hill from turn 2. Teams would take bobtrucks and pickups inside with equipment.

Life is tough when you got to walk from yer fancy hauler to the track, ain't it?!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
S.T.A.R.S. Radio
@stars-radio
11 years ago
514 posts

I have been to Screven and there are never allowed infield parking when I was there, This picture is most likely from the big Winter Free even that WoO puts on there in February and is not the norm.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

I will go over one day shortly and video a race and the area and we will compare

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

That is an interesting situation. Not even sure I understand what's going on.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

I can't wait to see that footage, Johhny! Yep...with my arthritic knees, oh yeah..they would definitely have to "cart" me in. However, I still think this is an absolutely beautiful Track!

Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

Me either, Tim...all I know is that Red is what keeps drawing me..LOL!!

jack lester
@jack-lester
11 years ago
12 posts
I like going to Shelby fairgrounds. It is easy to walk to the pits . And there is good seating in the grandstand for handicap.
Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

Yes you are right Shelby fairgrounds speedway has the best grandstand (covered ) and the cleanest restrooms of any local speedway . Handicap parking , handicap seating . Racing starts on time and finishes around 10:00 . Great family fun .

Duane Goins
@duane-goins
10 years ago
13 posts

World of Outlaws Feb 3-7 2015 / come see how its really done .

Duane Goins
@duane-goins
10 years ago
13 posts

That photo is from 7 am...we have 40 acres of camping w a shuttle bus...

Duane Goins
@duane-goins
10 years ago
13 posts

Plus most get around on golf carts & ATV`s...a regular bi-weekly show is $20 ...see IHRA drag racing...Kart racing & 4 wide dirt racing

Duane Goins
@duane-goins
10 years ago
13 posts

That photo is from 2011....we now have a 60 x 60 covered performance Stage ....

& have had 4 Grammy winners & one Entertainer of the Year since Dec 2012 ..

.Facebook @ SCREVEN MOTOR SPORTS COMPLEX for latest

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Have all those Grammy winners and Entertainers of the Year helped the racing? The recording "artists" sure haven't done done anything to help Cup racing, except to get on the nerves of old timers like me.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"