Open seats at Bristol

Brian Janik
@brian-janik
14 years ago
35 posts
I watched some of the Bristol race andI noticed MANY open seats, is that normal or a sign of things to come in these economic times?
updated by @brian-janik: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
14 years ago
181 posts
I'm sure the economy has something to do with it..........but it's also my opinion that the current NASCAR leadership has changed NASCAR racing to the point that it resembles what IROC racing used to be. There are too many boring races on the schedule, thereby costing other venues as well. There is no longer any room or incentive for innovation. There does seem to be some recent effort to move back in the other direction, i.e., somewhat allowing drivers to race more on the track without fear of huge fines & costly point penalties, but I also believe another problem is that some of the newer track designs are such that they produce sleep-inducing races..........and when the TV audience starts to go away, the networks will start reducing the huge TV packages they are now paying. I have spoken to many hardcore, veteran race fans who still love racing but just don't find the current state of Cup racing to be very interesting anymore.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
I there were open seats for the cup race....that would be the first time Bristol did not sell out in 56 years.....I think.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
14 years ago
279 posts
Yes, Bristol is the one track with great attendance. Might be a slow year for seat sales at the tracks if Bristol is the benchmark.Pete
Brian Janik
@brian-janik
14 years ago
35 posts
Dear Mr. Sutton:I agree NASCAR has and is continuing to go in in the wrong direction. There is no room for innovation self thinking or creativeness, NASCAR has places a black blanket over that. I would like drivers who make it to Cup be not allowed to drive in a lower class. This would open the door to more drivers, who would not have made it and give them a chance. Would it be fair to a high school team to go up against the Boston Celtics? NASCAR needs to keep the track and fans safe and leave racing else to the teams and untie their hands, let them practice when and where they want. I love racing but NASCAR races are good on the first lap and the last 10. Ernest Sutton said:
I'm sure the economy has something to do with it..........but it's also my opinion that the current NASCAR leadership has changed NASCAR racing to the point that it resembles what IROC racing used to be. There are too many boring races on the schedule, thereby costing other venues as well. There is no longer any room or incentive for innovation. There does seem to be some recent effort to move back in the other direction, i.e., somewhat allowing drivers to race more on the track without fear of huge fines & costly point penalties, but I also believe another problem is that some of the newer track designs are such that they produce sleep-inducing races..........and when the TV audience starts to go away, the networks will start reducing the huge TV packages they are now paying. I have spoken to many hardcore, veteran race fans who still love racing but just don't find the current state of Cup racing to be very interesting anymore.
danny quick
@danny-quick
14 years ago
1 posts
if you look back when brian france tuck over in the early 2000's that is when the tracks started losing seats, and each year they lost more and more. when they quit racing at north wilkesboro, rockingham and tuck a race away from darlington, i have not watched racing much on tv anymore and have not gone to a nascar race.brian said we will brang back the southern 500 this year ,the southern 500 is laber day in september not may. as long as brian france keeps leading nascar it's not going to get anybeter all they kown is money and the drivers out there now don't have time for the fans , they are not like the drivers in the 60's,70's and 80's. go to the legends shows that is where the fun is to meet the old drivers they will take the time to talk to you .
Brian Janik
@brian-janik
14 years ago
35 posts
I go to the Darlington Vintage weekend with my vintage race car. The older drivers that show up there are very nice and approachable. I agree Brian France does not have many brains when it comes to how to treat fans and what brings long lasting money to NASCAR. As long as the money goes into his pocket or up his nose from what I have heard here.
Chet Sniadecki
@chet-sniadecki
14 years ago
1 posts
NO was just short time ago You could not get a Ticket to Bristol